Buying online makes me nuts!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Buying online makes me nuts!

Musician's friend's free shipping *says* 5-8 days, but since I'm in Philadelphia and my stuff is coming from Missouri, they said (since I ordered monday) that it would be here Friday at the latest.

48 hours AFTER email that gave me tracking number, it didn't work on UPS website. I called and asked whats up? They said that UPS is slow to update. I said what about origin scan? How do I know they have it??

They said there is no origin scan.

49 hours after getting shipping confirmation, there is an origin scan.

Those assholes told me my stuff shipped 2 WHOLE DAYS before they shipped it??? If it gets here before the weekend I will rejoice, apologize, and thank them.

If not? I'ma throw a fit. A damn hissy one at that~!

can't bitch about "free" shipping...amazon stuff sometimes takes two weeks to get to me...when you pay for free shipping be prepared to wait for it...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

I had amazon prime for a long time - free 2 day shipping, or next day shipping for $4 and the deal costs like $40/year or so.

It just ran out, and we used free 'super saver' shipping that says like 5 days and it came next day. Faster than the 2 day shipping we paid for last year!

I guess I'm spoiled -_-'

Tech Student

I worked for FedEx for 3 years (I just quit).

Basically when they say 5-8 days that means throughout the whole process it will take that long. You won't see an origin scan until the package is picked up by the courier. Otherwise the process begins with an online order placed by you which is then sent into the distribution warehouse and a picker eventually finds their way towards your item (which they're doing for another 'x' amount of people). Once that order is picked it's moved down the line to be shipped. Sometimes your item isn't shipped on the first load - I know that's messed up but sometimes it's the shipper that staggers, not UPS. For the record, it's seen as "shipped" (in their eyes) as long as the label is on the box and it's staged to be picked up.

A lot of times when I picked up from warehouses that were actively processing online orders, my power pad would spit out that the ASTRA shipping date was incorrect, you'd look down, and see the "ship date" was on Monday yet it was Wednesday.

Generally once it hits that UPS truck the process is pretty smooth, it's getting out of the warehouse that can be a little dodgy. And let me tell you (in regards to keithace): Bestbuy, Amazon, etc. - they're extremely slow. We'd have a delivery appointment for 930am and you wouldn't get out of the warehouse until 1pm. Sometimes that would be on 10-20 boxes. Other times 3 or 4 skids. They give priority where it's needed. In fact, they'd tell other trucks to wait until we (FedEx) were all loaded up. You truly do get what you pay for in most instances.

It's also bullshit that UPS is slow to update. When that box is scanned it takes 1 second for the system to update itself. They're simply stalling on you. There's intense competition between courier companies so if your system sucked that bad you'd have no business. A company like UPS that pushes "paperless shipping" would definitely not have a system like that or they would have absolutely no international shipping because customs would send back all of their shit.

Tech Mentor

Thank you altF4, that has soothed my boiling blood completely. And makes me feel like a douche (I love my UPS driver - he brings me presents every time I see him!)

I know that UPS is quick to update, just thought it was odd that Musician's Friend told me that over the phone.

I didn't mean I would be mad at UPS if my stuff didn't get here - I meant I would feel like Musician's Friend lied to me.

Try South Africa mate. S4/X1/cables/skin/stand etc ALL shipped from US. Its a ball-ache. There's a change over of tracking numbers, they send to different PO's etc. Biggest joke is articles that spend LESS time shipping from the US than from the local Post Office to your door. Amazon don't even use the local services anymore - they have a dedicated delivery to your door!
    356 reasons why

Tech Mentor

I've heard that they have their own courier service. Does it at least work well with them now?

I constantly fantasize about leaving the states and crossing the pond, but never really thought about what that would mean for all this kind of stuff (and I live for this stuff practically!)

So now I need to find somewhere warm (no snow), safe, not terribly expensive cost of living, AND product availability

Quote Originally Posted by LmnLm3 View Post
    I've heard that they have their own courier service. Does it at least work well with them now?

I constantly fantasize about leaving the states and crossing the pond, but never really thought about what that would mean for all this kind of stuff (and I live for this stuff practically!)

So now I need to find somewhere warm (no snow), safe, not terribly expensive cost of living, AND product availability
    Works like a charm. We got no snow, it's safe if you got savvy, cost of living is OK. Product availibilty...............nah!
    356 reasons why

Tech Mentor

How savvy? Like don't wave money around savvy, or always carry when you go out? (lol)

i LOVE online shopping and amazon!!! amazon student is the best i paid nothing for my prime membership
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast