traktor pro and vci

Default traktor pro and vci

I'm trying to map my vci 100 se to traktor pro. What midi map tsi file do I need. I'm a bit confused with the ones on the site

dude, im in the same boat. i havent even attempted it yet, im sticking to the stock vci tsi with traktor 3 and modifying that to my liking until i figure out what the deal with the firmware upgrade kit is?

correct me if im wrong but if i just have the standard vci 100, and buy the firmware kits with the se overlays its the same thing as having the vci100 se? then i can use all the tsi's posted on here with traktor pro no problemo?
    dj booth: macbook pro 15"/audio 8 dj/xone 32/vestax vci 100/vestax cdj05/2x stanton t-80/traktor
    production desk: iMac 20"/Yamaha HS80M/digi 002/focusrite octopre/m audio axiom 49/reason/ableton live

DJ TANNER-foul house mixtape

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by evan_c View Post
    I'm trying to map my vci 100 se to traktor pro. What midi map tsi file do I need. I'm a bit confused with the ones on the site
    Hey there you have the SE so everything should work as labeled with the following
    Download VCI-100SE TSI Here (Traktor Pro)

Its found in the SE section, read the thread and follow the instructions.

Hope this helps

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djtanner View Post
    dude, im in the same boat. i havent even attempted it yet, im sticking to the stock vci tsi with traktor 3 and modifying that to my liking until i figure out what the deal with the firmware upgrade kit is?

correct me if im wrong but if i just have the standard vci 100, and buy the firmware kits with the se overlays its the same thing as having the vci100 se? then i can use all the tsi's posted on here with traktor pro no problemo?
    Hello

Thats right if you upgrade firmware and alter overlays you can use the file on the site. Also im pretty sure it will map to you 1.2 standard firmware but you wont get all the functions as the 1.3 firmware allows mulitple messages to buttons, faders ect.
    So you could do it right away . . . i think
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by CRA1G; 02-24-2009 at 02:44 PM.

It's the same here... When you get all the stuffs in front of you, it's a bit confusing for start...

the best way to go seems to be sticky (when U're totally noob to traktor and so am I) to TPro 1.02 - more stable version, with the 1.4_2 tsi...
    I'll deeply test my rig tomorow with various options. We can get in touch on this thread if you want.
    Cheers

Evan_C > Perhaps, you could change the thread title to "T Pro mapping and VCI 100 SE for the noobs" or something like that...
    Last edited by slyooney; 02-24-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    DJ rig : MacBookPro 13"/2.26 (10.6.4) + Echo Audiofire 2 + VCI-100 SE (3.5.1 tsi) + Traktor Pro (1.2.6)
    If you want to know more about my music : www.myspace.com/ooneymusic

Sounds good I have the day off tmrw so I'm going to mess around with it all day.

Tech Mentor

Only problem with firmware 1.2 is the darn button supposedly for button 3 of effects, it is linked to the top right "effect" button (juggling button in SE) and the "effect" button deck B (cue deck B in SE)...

But otherwise, SE is wonderful and much easier/intuitive than Traktor's defaults..

And yes, doing a whole mapping from scratch takes a while

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    But otherwise, SE is wonderful and much easier/intuitive than Traktor's defaults..
    For sure!
    Seems to work fine for me (with TPro 1.02 and 1.4 tsi)... My first steps makes me confident with it.

Now, the harder thing to do is to organize my playlists and my folders (and when you've a +50Gb library, it's a bit hard)
    DJ rig : MacBookPro 13"/2.26 (10.6.4) + Echo Audiofire 2 + VCI-100 SE (3.5.1 tsi) + Traktor Pro (1.2.6)
    If you want to know more about my music : www.myspace.com/ooneymusic