Traktor Pro 2.1 in beta - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Multicore is so essential. I guess that means we'll be able to rinse Traktor harder that it'll be able to utilize both cores?
    or all 4 lol remember somelaptops have quadcore now
    Dell Inspiron 15r,4 gig ram,720HDDSerato Itch,Pioneer DDJTS1,Pioneer HDJ500
    Ableton Suite ,Akai Apc40,Akai LPD8,LPK25,NI Audio 2
    The Echo Reflex(T.E.RF)http://www.mixcloud.com/TERF/

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Wouldn't the user mapping thing need to be a firmware update? That would explain why it's not in a software update announcement. I seem to remember Thomas saying that the firmware would be user updatable through the normal USB connection.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Not confusing really; the overwhelming majority of people would continue to just take their laptop to gigs regardless of multi-screen support. This is the reason there is no multi-screen support. It wouldn't be used that much (coming from someone with 2 screens at home).
    dude, you always say that, and there is a point in it, but i'd love to use an iPad for library browsing with AirDisplay. Think about it - even the cheapest non 3G first gen would work great for this ... touch operation, screen on the side ...

not that this is the wisest use of the ipad power, but I see myself using it this way too ...
    Last edited by loop; 08-25-2011 at 03:55 PM.

Multi screen support and real iTunes integration. Now that would be something!!!
    Chris Jennings FHP

@loop - yeah, I always say that. I reckon an iPad library browser/controller combo thing will turn up before multiple displays!

@photojojo - real iTunes integration would be great!
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Wouldn't the user mapping thing need to be a firmware update? That would explain why it's not in a software update announcement. I seem to remember Thomas saying that the firmware would be user updatable through the normal USB connection.
    i tend to think it's not. Should be just the software handling the HID message. What they say they'd do is to allow us to disable the built-in command and redefine the control as if it is a blank one. Usability wise there would be many ways to do it, but the simplest I can think of would be to auto-disable the built-in command(s) if there's any user mapping entry associated with a control.

also, I suspect that there is an automatic-firmware-updater for the S4 already. I've seen clues for this as part of the 2.0.X updates ...

could be wrong of course, but seems logical to me.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

That is what I call a nice update. Multi core support, finally!

I REALLY hope they open the S4 mapping for customization, else I'll end up selling it and shopping for something else (no, this is not a I'm jumping to Serato or whatever post). I've collected tons of tweaking ideas since I got mine in January and can't be achieved overwriting the default map and I'm not willing to lose the loop displays by mapping it from scratch. Yes, I love those suckers

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    and I'm not willing to lose the loop displays by mapping it from scratch. Yes, I love those suckers
    I'm over them already.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Multi core support, finally!
    I really hope that it will either be super stable or there would be a switch to disable it if it's not working fine in certain cases. That's a really tricky one ...

Quote Originally Posted by loop View Post
    i tend to think it's not. Should be just the software handling the HID message. What they say they'd do is to allow us to disable the built-in command and redefine the control as if it is a blank one. Usability wise there would be many ways to do it, but the simplest I can think of would be to auto-disable the built-in command(s) if there's any user mapping entry associated with a control.
    Yes, I don't know their implementation but software-wise that would work. If a HID mapping is triggered, it overrides any MIDI specific settings before entering whatever Traktor event queue. I could be wrong, of course, in case a firmware upgrade is needed. Always thought it was weird that S4 could not customize the layout without breaking the HID mappings...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast