I guess the soundcloud comments section is not for criticism
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default I guess the soundcloud comments section is not for criticism

Wow.
    I saw a mixtape in my email that had a sound cloud link to it. Well it's a dubstep x Oukast mashup mixtape. (It's here if you care to listen) I listened to the first 2 tracks and immediately my eyes rolled. They were dropping synced acapellas over instrumentals. This is something I like to do as well when I mix, but the instrumentals were at a much higher bpm range so the acapellas sounded too fast and kinda "squished". Not only that, the first two songs had vocal sections that clashed with the applied acapellas.
    I thought those were some mixing no-nos, so I posted a comment , and it was removed within a day. I just can't believe the mix is getting attention and people are liking it/ downloading it, and posting such positive comments. It says it's mastered by somebody, but damn I don't think it sounds that great.
    It's poor mashup stuff like this that just floods soundcloud, and the DJ culture. If you're going to mash stuff up, at least put some heart into it, damn.
    Last edited by sirtofu; 08-25-2011 at 10:49 PM.

Why do you care? There are tons of awful tracks/mixes on soundcloud, and just as many undesirable users (hey, its the internet). No need to waste time worrying about the stuff that's bad instead of finding stuff you actually like.

amen to that
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DigitalDevil nailed it. Don't worry about those things - focus on putting out tracks that AREN'T shit instead!

Yeah mate!

Thats how it goes. You will even find your mix....(anyones own mix) being renamed and punted as someone elses.

This happened to me a lot back in the day before even putting my mixes online....I only had em on CD or Data File.

I would produce trax (really bad shitty ones) back in the day and play it to friends at work.

I would then hear a week later from another work friend....that the other friend had written this track and this and that.....but it was mine.

Get used to it....look past it....those guys never get anywhere....as they can not do what they say they can....live.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Unless specifically asked for I never offer criticism.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

@sarasin That's super shitty! I never thought of that, but I guess some people will do whatever they can to try and garner some attention!

shitty mixes everywhere!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by nicoga3000 View Post
    @sarasin That's super shitty! I never thought of that, but I guess some people will do whatever they can to try and garner some attention!
    Yeah man......super lame too....as it was nothing to write home about!

I would be embarrassed to play to anyone now.

But this is nothing compared to other underground genre's.....its RIFE!

Jester would know....The Psy scene...man.....no dissing Brazil....but they have a TON of DJ\Producers stealing and punting others work.

I have so many mates that this has happened too.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

I must carry too much pride in what I do, because really, I wouldn't be comfortable showing ANYTHING I didn't create or mix as my own! I would seriously feel like the biggest fraud if someone gave me props for something I took no part in coming up with, haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast