First Gig Tonight
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default First Gig Tonight

So tonight is my first gig and I don't know that I have felt an emotion like this. All the hard work and time you put into finding songs organizing practicing, I will finally get my reward tonight. Just thought I would share that with the community that has helped me prepare. Thanks guys.

Tech Mentor

And I realize... Pics or it never happened

Tech Convert

Good luck man! What's the venue going to be like? Be sure to record your set for keepsake and promotion!

Tech Mentor

Its a frat house with about 250 to 300 person limited room, but I plan to have it packed haha. I have about a 125 song list im going to try to read the crowd and choose from as EDM isn't huge at my school. Lots of Hip-Hop (At pretty much an all white school... I know right) and top 40. Once people get drunk enough ill try to throw some Avicii mashups and what-not in. Pretty pumped and will try not to get wasted during my set which is 3 hours at a frat party... can you believe that haha. But i realize a drunk set wont help future things. But its also awesome cause i have other frats coming to scout me for next week. I started a small business in a matter of 2 weeks down at school. SO psyched

Tech Convert

no doubt man, sounds like you've got some nice opportunities ahead of you.... and yeah I feel your pain with the top 40 stuff -____-

best of luck!

My first gig was when I was 18. I was scared as heck, I didn't really "read the crowd" too much, I just to worried about my mixing and trying to over come the nerves.
    Best bet is to know what kinda tracks you want to play before hand.

When I play out, the night/day or two before the gig I make a "Ideal" playlist. This is what I would like to play on a "perfect" night, but I then go and add about 4-6 tracks between each one that I can pick from is the "ideal" track isn't the best one to play.
    There is a little bit of prep you can do before hand.

Hope you rock the place down. I'm gigging this Sunday (tomorrow) aswell go good luck to use both!
    | HP Laptop | Traktor Pro | Denon DN-MC6000 | Akai MPD24 & LPD18 | Pioneer HDJ-1500 | AKG K181 | 2x Stanton C.324 |

Tech Mentor

yeah kelsey i made that list a week ago. SO psyched. i have a large list so im not to worried. shouldn't be too bad. I will try to post pics tomorrow if i get a chance to snap off a couple.

Tech Wizard

good luck mate, had my first gig a few days ago, was pretty nervous before hand but once I'd played a few tracks I was loving it and forgot about the nerves hope you have fun and rock the place
    HP G6 - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - HD215's

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Also, I want the bitches.

how did it go!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Mentor

It sucked pretty bad. There were multiple parties that night so they came in waves. But the next weekend I did another gig and had it packed the entire time. A lot has started to take off for me. The college approached me to do a two hour set on the radio every weekend and numerous sororities have approached me to Dj their formals and things. The first one was definitely a tough one. It was a shot to my ego but I realized a lot of it wasn't was i was playing because being that it was the first weekend back everyone was everywhere. I definitely learned and am happy that the first one kind of sucked ass. Thanks for asking. I know it was kind of delayed. If i knew how to post pics Id post pics from the second gig.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast