I Love Traktor but.....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I Love Traktor but.....

I love Traktor Pro, as an interface it has pretty much everything I need although it lacks the flexibility that T3 has.
    So, I'm afraid to ask but.... do you think TP is becoming the Microsoft Windows of Dj software?
    Music is communication, as any other form of creation.
    SoundCloud
    MBP 13", Traktor Pro, Presonus Firebox, Numark Stealth, Akai MPD-18, Behringer speakers.

Hola gusto con hablar con mas latinos. What do you mean by becoming the Microsoft Windows of Dj software?

Saludos

You mean the industry standard? It already is.

Yes, they have some development issues at the time, but they're hiring. In this economy. So I'm confident they'll get their act straight in the course of 2009. So gather round and let us play the waiting game.

Well, any new version comes with new (or improved) bugs. They seem to be trying to be the best, but just as it happens with windows, they show a heavier, more complex and unstable version. There's is a difference betwen trying to put a really good program for people to use (specially when you are going to use it live) and trying to make the "perfect" software, there is no perfect software and the more you try, the more you mess it.

Thanks for the reply, lately i've been feeling that Native Instruments has just gotten too big and they have lost respect for the people.
    Last edited by nicolas; 02-25-2009 at 10:52 AM.
    Music is communication, as any other form of creation.
    SoundCloud
    MBP 13", Traktor Pro, Presonus Firebox, Numark Stealth, Akai MPD-18, Behringer speakers.

I would say that Traktor Pro is more like windows vista. Its kind of the new thing, but it has many issues. On the other side you have windows xp which has many years out in the market and most of the bugs solved or, with a known solution. The same will happen with Traktor 3. Xp is the prefered OS for IT support and the safer one, same as T3.

But keeping proportions... NI is going in a good path leading in inovation and research

Tech Guru

there's potential in traktorpro, but at the moment i wouldn't gig with it. hopefully with future updates it will become a rock stability and feature-wise much how traktor3 is.

despite the stability issues my opinion is that traktorpro is a better option for more straightforward A->B dance music mixing, I would definitely use it in the future for my edm sets. For more experimental mash-up mixing I prefer Traktor3's interface and features, it just feels far more intuitive and flexible to me than TraktorPro.

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post
    98 times out of 100 if I go out and a DJ is using a laptoop, he's using Serato. One of the hundred times he's using Ableton Live.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

TPro lacks functionality for straightup mixing that Traktor 2.5.3 has, which is why I stuck with it. And 2.5.3 has never crashed on me a single time that didn't involve a corrupt mp3 file.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

What do you mean it lacks flexibility ? Maybe you could give us some examples.

I am able to do everything i was doing in Traktor 3 and then some - the midi mappings have changed but the functionality is still there, you just gotta learn how things are mapped differently now, its much more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by gfocus View Post

Yes, they have some development issues at the time, but they're hiring. In this economy. So I'm confident they'll get their act straight in the course of 2009. So gather round and let us play the waiting game.
    Isn't Serato the industry standard?
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast