Lights Recommendation
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lights Recommendation

Looking to step it up at my next night so were hiring a funktion 1 system and some lights.

What lights would you recommend to me for a small venue?

Thanks

Dave

Small meaning 50 people, or small meaning 500? Size is relative.

I enjoy lasers and strobes that are hooked up through dmx.
    Depending on how to spend $1000 will get you a few lasers, nice strobes along with dmx controller.
    also some smoke to go with the lasers.
    Idk you're price range... more info would help.

yes... Budget is also a HUGE factor. For a small spot, I could VERY easily spend upwards of $10,000 of lighting equipment and accessories. Don't forget... wiring (you NEED dmx cabling... non shielded cabling such as mic wires can end up damaging your new expensive lights), trussing, and cases easily cost as much as the lights themselves.

... and a dmx controller, etc, etc... maybe talk to a local production company that you can hire to set up and run it all for you? What about the company you're hiring with the Funktion 1 system? Do they have lights, or maybe can recommend another company that they've worked with before?

More info on budget and venue plz!

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Sorry, should have been more specific.
    gig is for about 100 - 200 people, small venue.
    I have already decided on which strobe and laser to get, but would like advice on some if you can call it 'normal coloured spot lighting' or would appreciate any advice recommendations! Budget for lighting is low really about £100, so looking for 1 cool affective light!

Thanks

A strobe can be recreated with some decent scanners and washes. Look into renting (buying isn't an option for anything with such a low budget) a few scanners. Maybe even moving heads if you can get a good price. Those in combination with a few well placed and positioned washes like the Chauvet Color rail can do strobe patterns too with a little DMX programming.
    If scanners and moving heads are out of your budget, look into renting a bunch of uplighting like mini pars/pucks/color bars. Again, with some programming, you'll be able to color a whole room, do chases, and strobe effects. In addition to those, throw in an effect like the American DJ H20 or the Chauvet Cirrus to project onto the ceiling. They are a little cooler than the cheap lasers IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh-jX4YFu-k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAZXdSu6nU8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra56B...eature=related

Thanks really helpful

depends where youre at, funktion 1 is high quality so i am pretty sure you dont want to spend money on cheap lights, for the same amount i do reccmend renting also, that way you get a nice setup for the event rather than something people will get over (plus you dont want to always have the same displays for events.

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

For such a small amount of people, you might want to look into renting sound that is a bit less expensive. You can get other rigs for a lot less. Getting what you pay for is going to happen, but you will get a LOT more bang for your buck if the system isn't function 1. That's going to let you spend more money on lighting/decoration, and the crowd isn't going to notice the difference. Funktion 1, Crown, QSC, JBL, Turbosound... Chances are that your patrons will hardly be able to tell the difference between them, and definitely not after a few cocktails. Especially if you rent the right amount of sound. Lights? Those are ALWAYS going to get noticed considering they drastically change the vibe of a room depending on what you have/do with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast