DJ Sound Control computer mod - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

my only criticism is that the screen is exactly where u dont want it - between u and the audience.

but as an all-in-one-laptop-controller-traktor-monster its very very cool
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    my only criticism is that the screen is exactly where u dont want it - between u and the audience.

but as an all-in-one-laptop-controller-traktor-monster its very very cool
    The great thing is, is that you only have one cable connecting it! Why can't you swivel so they can see what you are doing. Everything is available through the I/O BOX. I'm building a 360 degree stand that will allow me to spin around with no problem

Quote Originally Posted by deathstarchris View Post
    The great thing is, is that you only have one cable connecting it! Why can't you swivel so they can see what you are doing. Everything is available through the I/O BOX. I'm building a 360 degree stand that will allow me to spin around with no problem
    sure - if u can tilt the screen but keep the controller part facing ahead of u as normal - then that would be very very cool... (if u mean that)

edit: and i love the lights not sure i'd ever want to not have those turned on
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    sure - if u can tilt the screen but keep the controller part facing ahead of u as normal - then that would be very very cool... (if u mean that)

edit: and i love the lights not sure i'd ever want to not have those turned on
    Thanks man,

but where is it written that the crowd can't see what your doing?
    The bus driver leads the bus by driving forward and yelling at the kids in the mirror.
    he he he.

I think the crowd would go banana's if you started to slowly swivel around and then swivel back and forth. Has anybody seen anything like that from a DJ rig before?

One of the side benefits of an AIO is that you have a lot more mobility. No longer are you stuck in back of a table with your gear. You could do a lot more as far as performance. Plus if that annoying drunk guy keeps buggin you, you could rotate away from him.
    Last edited by deathstarchris; 08-30-2011 at 10:00 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMQEcg9fGMw

Here is some footage of it in action.

I have to say that's pretty damned amazing. The video sold me on it. While I can't see it being for every purpose (there is a plus to just bringing your CD's and going on with CDJ's built into a club), I highly doubt anyone is going to think that you're hunched over a basic laptop all night.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234