Big gig coming up, need help!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Big gig coming up, need help!

Hi there guys!

On the 10th of September I've got a big DJ gig coming up, first time in a really big club. Sean Kingston is having his concert in the club before, so probaly alot of people will come. ( Main Floor Capacity = 2300 )

And now to be honest, I have had only like 5 gigs before and that were all in small clubs, so it didnt need alot of skills. Now I wanted to ask with what can I take it to the next level with what i might stick out then. Because at the moment i just have a VCI-100 SE with a Laptop and Traktor. And I was thinking about buying a Pioneer DDJ-T, so it would make me look more professional. This is just crap, right? But this all doesn't mean I'm missing skill

So if you could maybe give me some overall tips, and a bit well explained, it would really help me!
    ( I read the article here on DJTT already but I couldnt really do alot with it.

Thanks guys
    Last edited by pcfreak60; 08-30-2011 at 12:52 PM.

please be joking.

First of all congrats but dont dj something your not comfortable doing if you dont have the skill..

Your confidence and composer will make you look professional. not your equipment.
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Go with the VCI, the T1 won't give you that much extra, you won't have time to learn it and it'll take up more space in the booth.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

No I'm not joking.

I am 100 % confident when dj'ing and other wise, and I didn't say I don't have the skill.
    I really love dj'ing very much.

I'm just asking for some extra helpful tips, which I most likely wont get from you how it seems..

You're definitely gonna need to buy more stuff to ensure that the gig goes smoothly. I recommend a couple DJM2000s, at least 5 CDJ2000s, a few boxes of Corn Pops, and a red '92 Honda Civic (don't get a newer one, they aren't compatible with Traktor).

Tech Convert

Thanks you very much guys for taking me that serious.
    I'll just delete the thread again, if that helps you.
    Last edited by pcfreak60; 08-30-2011 at 01:30 PM.

go with what you know, and make sure your prepared.
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Stick with the VCI! That's a bad ass bit custom made dj powerhouse of a controller right there... if anyone asks.

It's super easy to set up in a club which is a bonus if you're feeling nervous... just one line in and you're done.

If you can get in there early to set up, plug in your soundcard to the line in you want to use and test it and mix a couple of tunes that will go a long way. Suss out the soundsystem, monitors etc. If it's super echoey in the large room, make sure you can mix just in your headphones if you need to get them in time and pull your headphones off in the middle of a mix to check it. Then pop em back on to make sure your still in time.

Don't stress about suddenly having to show off. Just mix good tunes in an unfussy elegant way. Keep your head up and look at the crowd. By all means have a set roughly worked out but have a few crowd pleasers in your artillery, dedicate a playlist with just bangers that you can reach for at any time.

Don't be afraid to let songs play without over fiddling with the song. As it's coming to the end drop the next one on the beat and fade out. Nownt wrong with that.

Other than that, keep your cool, stay professional, don't get hammered and just enjoy it.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by IrishBlaggard View Post
    go with what you know, and make sure your prepared.
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Go with the VCI, the T1 won't give you that much extra, you won't have time to learn it and it'll take up more space in the booth.
    Ok thanks, atleast two people here willing to help a bit!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast