Using Serato Itch and Traktor Pro on the same computer
    Tech Wizard

Default Using Serato Itch and Traktor Pro on the same computer

I just recently ordered a Kontrol S4 and was going to start making the transition back to Traktor Pro. I was hoping to be able to use the same .mp3 files with Traktor Pro as I do with Serato Itch 2.0. However, It looks like this is not possible due to the writing of BPM tags.

I just changed some BPM values in T PRO 2 and the BPM change took affect in iTunes as well. I do not have the laptop with me right now that I use to DJ with because it is at apple for repairs so I can't really run a test of how exactly making changes to BPM's in T PRO 2 will affect ITCH and vice versa. Does anyone have experience with this?
    Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.4 Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4gb ram - Audio 8, Torq Xponent, DJM-800

Tech Mentor

There is a tool to convert the serato information to traktor tags.

In the end though it is just tags, worse comes to worse you can keep two folders of music, one for serato, one for traktor.

Tech Wizard

The problem is that they are not just tags anymore when it affects the beatgrids of Itch and Traktor.
    Traktor Scratch Pro v1.2.4 Macbook Pro 2.4ghz 4gb ram - Audio 8, Torq Xponent, DJM-800

Tech Guru

should be none. I've used both. I believe in Traktor all the info is kept in the "collection" file and on the mp3 in Itch.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    should be none. I've used both. I believe in Traktor all the info is kept in the "collection" file and on the mp3 in Itch.
    When I changed the BPM of a track in TRAKTOR it also changed in itunes. This tells me that it is stored in the MP3.