What To Get For a beginner - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisjonthenoob View Post
    you could buy a Numark Battlepak and those turntables are just as good as 1200s.
    lol

I'll probably resort to prostitution when I have to bite the bullet and buy a pair of 1200s. D:
    If the Numark's are just as good why not just get them instead of whoring yourself out?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

Well I want 1200s just because they're the industry standard you know?
    Numarks have more torque and are cheaper but maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to get into prostitution! :eek:

The thing though with 1200s is that they're an icon. Although other brands have superior products that are cheaper, they're not that icon from the golden age of turntablism. It's more of a "I own something that will last and is cool" than a "I've got the best product".

I'll probably get a pair of TTX's in the future personally then DJ kid's birthday parties to pay for it......expect to hear lots of Justin Bieber. (Which seems worse than prostituting myself)
    ***2 Stanton c314 CDJs, 1 Behringer DJX750 Mixer, 2 Gemini XL-500 II Direct Drive Turntables, Sony Bass Boost Headphones, Yamaha Clavinova CLP-501 Digital Piano, Traktor Scratch Duo 2, And the Willingness to learn and look stupid ***

Well I want 1200s just because they're the industry standard you know?
    Numarks have more torque and are cheaper but maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to get into prostitution! :eek:
    I googled the TTs you get in a Numark battle pak. They're called TT1625s, and this seems to sum up opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by phrode
    Well I tried the Battlepack containing the TT1625. DONT BUY THEM!!! Not even for your 6 year old kid. I have no words that can describe how much it sucks.

NUMARK!!... Get a grip!
    (link: http://forum.djpages.com/topic.asp?A...&TOPIC_ID=2941)

There are TTs that have more torque or better features than 1200s (some vestax, a couple of stantons), but these are very much not they.

My first set of decks was a pair of sony direct drives that I got for £30, the sony equivalent of the battle pak basically. I wondered why learning to beatmatch was so hard, then i got 1200s and found out why.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

get them patience
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Tech Wizard

other than looking like a toy the new pioneer controller might be an option depending on the price

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123