question about rane sl4 with traktor pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default question about rane sl4 with traktor pro

Searched the forum but couldn't find my answer, found this tread.

I've been tempted (by myself) to buy a sound-card as backup for traktor, but for a while i'm thinking about serato ( i would like to learn to use serato as well). I understand the sl4 will work with traktor pro 2, of course i understand it will not work with the scratch version.

But how do i have to compare the sl4 and the possibilities traktor pro 2 has to offer. can i use traktor pro 2 with all the options it has to offer. if i use for example two x1 and a mixer

I would think so, but maybe someone can give me some confidence boost, i can get the sl4 for retail price so i think it will come closer to the audio 10 with scratch pro upgrade.

And together with a denon 1600 mixer (also for retail price) (Traktor scratch certified) i'm still better off in pricing then a pioneer djm 900 mixer (I know, but that's what I'm thinking about lately)
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

sure, the dnx1600 + sl4 would work fine, would actually make a fantastic club install.

Kinda confused as to what you're going for here as an SL4 is a kinda hefty investment for just a side piece if you're afraid of the DJM900 price. I think you'd be better off deciding if you want to use TSP or SSL and stick with it. You could get the DJM900 for less than the DN-X1600 and the SL4 (in the US, at least, could be different in your area).

If you're dead set on having both SSL and TSP, then you should also consider if you really care about using 4 decks (I rarely see 4 deck DVS...) and consider an SL2 instead.

can i use traktor pro 2 with all the options it has to offer
    All the features of TP (aside from separating channels, obviously) are available with no soundcard at all. What soundcard you choose won't limit the software's functionality in any way.

Except scratch functionality, which is only available with traktor scratch certified sound cards.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    If you're dead set on having both SSL and TSP, then you should also consider if you really care about using 4 decks (I rarely see 4 deck DVS...) and consider an SL2 instead..
    Have crossed my mind,but with all development software wise and seeing serato popping out new soundcards every year, was wondering if an sl4 would be the wiser upgrade future wise? And i thought the sl2 has 2 decks so no virtual deck for samples, could be wrong. Gonna do some more reading about it.

And the pioneer is tempting too, could get it from sint maarten reasonable priced. But i have two denon 3700's and think they integrate better with serato. Have them up for sale, but Curacao is a small island, and don't want to dump them to cheap. (and they are pretty sexy when you bring them to a gig)

But i'm gonna wait anyhow till after bpm to see what's maybe coming.

Thanks anyone for your answers

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Except scratch functionality, which is only available with traktor scratch certified sound cards.
    You can't use DVS with TP.

Yes, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Yes, I know.
    think we all knew

That's where the denon 1600 or the pioneer 900 come into play.

I don't understand what just happened.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast