Still learning but here goes nothing...
    Tech Wizard

Default Still learning but here goes nothing...

I'm still very raw and new to this but I am learning. This particular mix was inspired by TallLeprechaun, thank you for the inspiration It was actually a bit longer but the last transitions I had were terrible so I just chopped them off. Its a learning process.

Feedback is appreciated.

sick dude stop hatin on yourself. as far as feedback... you could try a little more q point mixing to give it more of a personal feel rather than just mixing the tracks straight.. but in the end , gotta say its on point.
    Traktor/Ableton /Komplete /MBP OSX el capitan

http://www.soundcloud.com/deejaesnafu

Tech Wizard

thanks man, I really appreciate the feedback. I got a bit fancier with my transitions (by my standards) with this one. Took me a bit to get the timing right of the intro and the transition to Blow. I'll try more q point mixing on my next run

btw was this a multitrack or a one shot mix?

Tech Wizard

Ummm, I would say one shot. All I did was try the intro a few times because it was cue'd from different areas in two diff tracks. Once I felt I had it down i just hit record on traktor and went for it. The whole mix was in one shot, so I know its not perfect but I did the best I could given the small amount of experience I have It was fun making it though.

Could we get a tracklist possibly? I'm liking some of the remixes, or is it just acapellas layered over instrumentals. I release the Eminem song is an acapella, but what about the Ke$ha song?

It was a nice mix, stop doubting yourself. That sort of style will kill it with the kids
    BCF 2000
    Traktor Pro 2
    Kontrol X1

ya very nice , especially if its not multi-track/take ... i was only wondering since you said you chopped off some parts.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Deejaesnafu View Post
    ya very nice , especially if its not multi-track/take ... i was only wondering since you said you chopped off some parts.
    yeah I chopped off three songs that were after Look at me now but the transitions were bad. So Look at me now ended up being the last song

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by NathanWard View Post
    Could we get a tracklist possibly? I'm liking some of the remixes, or is it just acapellas layered over instrumentals. I release the Eminem song is an acapella, but what about the Ke$ha song?

It was a nice mix, stop doubting yourself. That sort of style will kill it with the kids
    Thanks! Yeah the kids like this stuff, I went to a bar lastnight and I found myself mostly listening to the what the DJ was playing and how he was mixing it together LOL.

Those two songs were

Blow (cirkut remix) - Kesha
    come explode without me in time (Gordon & Doyle Mix) - Eminem & Friends

I came into the middle of Blow, seemed like a good spot that flowed well with the build up from the song before. Then I came in with the intro of the Eminem song at the end of a build up in Blow, then looped Blow to ride a bit with the Eminem song until the bass came in then I cut off the Blow song.

Tech Convert

This was sweet man