Controllers..

Thread: Controllers..

Tech Convert

Default Controllers..

hey everyone hows things?..
    I had me a techtools VCI-100se a fair while back and fully loved it..
    the ease of use,eans custom mappings..was my first controller after switching from Vynl..
    things happened and I had to give up Mixing,sell the gear ect...
    but now Im fully starting to get the itch and want to start mixing again.
    Came back to Techtool to like at buying another VCI and now see there is a new controller designed by Ean the s4..so I was just wondering what this controller is like?? am I better to get one of these?,is there much differences between the 2??Can they do everything the VCI can do and as Easy to use,As good for beat juggling ect...? Has Ean mapped these out pretty good?? or am I better off to just grab another arcade VCI?
    Any Suggestions and Info would be muchly appreciated
    Thanks Guys

Ean Golden did not design the S4.

The S4 won't be as good for cue point juggling due to the lack of nice big arcade buttons or pads. They don't feature fader fx either. People tend just to use the default setup rather than a creative mapping for the S4, it matches the software interface very well.

Personally I think the thing most like the VCI arcade out atm is the Novation Twitch. It has fader FX and big pads for cue point juggling and it comes with a serato itch licence if you wanna try that.

The Traktor S2 has just come out, it's like a 2 deck version of the S4. Why not have a look at that as well?

Ean hasn't mapped any of these. I don't believe he's released a mapping he has personally worked on since the VCI.

Any questions dude?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Convert

oh true? on the djtechtools store it says ,designed by our founder,Ean Golden

Im pretty new to digital and controllers,have never used itch before,do you reccomend it?
    I've used Serato with the timecode..but much prefered Trakor.
    Im not very competent at beat juggling,but its something id like to develop,Watched a few of Eans Videos and His Juggling and Mash ups blew me away..Its what made me buy a controller in the first place.
    I mainly mixed Hardhouse on Vynl,but now wouldnt mind having a little play around with Electro House (please dont flame me lol!) and Hip Hop/RnB (worse right? Im Sorry :P)(and if anyone knows how do you mix Hip Hop/RnB,with So many different souding songs,Basslines and bpm differences??)

would you recoomend I get another VCI or a S4 and maybe a Midi Fighter for the juggling further down the line..which of the two would be better and open up more in the long run once I delvelop and hone my skills..

So it does. Maybe I was wrong, though I doubt it was entirely him, there are a lot of creative minds working at NI and I'm sure they played a large part.

Some people like itch a lot. Same you can't remap anything though. Remember because it's a midi controller you don't have to use it with the intended software, you can always just get a traktor mapping.

I don't know what controller would be best for you. I think it's quite a personal thing to be honest, you have to work out what controller would be right for you. If you're doing 2 deck mixing and don't plan to get turntables again I'd say get the S2 over the S4.

I wouldn't recommend the VCI any more. It's rather old and outdated and as a result it's become over priced for what it is and you'd not get nearly as much support as with other controllers. I mean you could probably buy an (arguably) better controller brand new for the cost of a second hand VCI...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

have you checked out the S4 vids by Sifthee and Ian ?

heres just a few of the many S4 vids that are out there...

this is one of the very first promo vids that was released before the S4 and it blew many of us away...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1EVo8v3OG8

then Ian came out with these vids and i had to get me an S4 and i love it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4DUU...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWpnO...feature=relmfu

and then the S2 was announced and Ian made this promo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VJm0mi7aUc

maybe im biased to the S4 as i have one, but the vids are worth a look at for deffo, top quality
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((