Why use software to produce? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The whole analogue over digital arguement is so dead in my mind, just because you have troubles getting phat rich organic sounds on software doesnt mean everyone else does.

Anyway this is getting off topic, if you want to have a conversation about analogue vs digital gear take it into a new thread as this is about production software and nothing to do with analogue gear.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
    why use software? by some nice analog and digital hardware synths and drumcomputers, a good hardware sequencer, a nice nakamichi tapedeck, and start hammering out those tracks!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PPf3aaZmUw

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    The whole analogue over digital arguement is so dead in my mind, just because you have troubles getting phat rich organic sounds on software doesnt mean everyone else does.

Anyway this is getting off topic, if you want to have a conversation about analogue vs digital gear take it into a new thread as this is about production software and nothing to do with analogue gear.
    i don't have trouble with it, i don't mind using hard- or software, the thing is that it's important for people to know that software isn't the only or the preferred way of making great music

Olaf

Tech Wizard

wow, very interesting all these reactions. It feels a littlebit the same as showing midi-controllers for DJíng with Traktor for a vinyl-fundamentalist crowd. Practice what you preach guys

Tech Guru

I agree with the comment about stock ableton plugins. Definately need to buy some decent ones to give you some freshness.

I find ableton ok as a DAW but I dont really have heaps of experience in anything else. I think I will just continue with it cos its what I know.

Right... seeings how the previous thead about production software thread has been successfully highjacked about analogue gear ive moved all the posts into a new thread.

Now you can feel free to continue this discussion.

Yes some of the users reactions were a bit harsh, you get a vinyl artist come in here and talk about how users as you put it "have to look at hardware stuff" and you will get the same reaction - those comments really strike a soft spot for the community because many of us do our productions and djing entirely digitally.

Statements like:
    "you can hear all the standard ableton live plugins and presets over and over again",

"it all comes from the same DA-converter, it's all getting so stale and predictive soundwise"

"running your seperate plugins or tracks through different outboard pre-amps, effect-units etc and re-recording them again in software will make your mix sound much better"

"And the sound of a well-kept vintage minimoog, oberheim, korg or roland are really something special which you cannot reach easily or even never with software."

are very demeaning to purely digital artists - infact it almost sounds like the same arguements a vinyl artist makes about digital artists.
    Last edited by BentoSan; 02-26-2009 at 05:03 AM.

We can we be like Depeche Mode, they use the best of both world, Analog & Digital!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Hey Olaf, as long as you respect the skills!

*~insert DJ Jean youtube vid here.~*

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    We can we be like Depeche Mode, they use the best of both world, Analog & Digital!
    Or Underworld.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

edit: grumpy hungover post removed
    Last edited by Rumblejazz; 02-26-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Back up mister.... It's quite okay, if you look at his other posts in this topic, so please rephrase that.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast