S4 + What = Limitless creativity?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default S4 + What = Limitless creativity?

This is just a random opinion question for you s4 users.

If can add an [ x1. midi fighter, or midi fighter pro ] which ones which you add to make it an ultimate setup for limitless creativity. You can even have more than 1 for each.

Even though this is just an opinion question . I need to help to picking my add on's . [More of an FX guy]

Cheers Guys!

More of an FX guy? Getting a Midifighter Classic/Pro would help. Although making your own mapping similar to the Instant gratification mapping, that seems like one hell of a long task.

OR! You could also have epic amounts of fun with making your own controller full of arcade buttons. I prefer the latter.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

What do you feel you are missing? buttons? knobs? Do you like the combo concept or do you prefer to handle things in a more traditional way? What controls are you missing from Traktor an what controller do you think will do the job better?

My answer to that question was an X1.

Tech Mentor

I have a maschine and im going to use it to control fx like the midi fighter and for hot cues and have another page to control c and d if i dont want to switch. ...... i have a really cool i dea to use the jog wheels to control the beat masher or the maschine (doenst matter) and the have 4 buttons on the maschine labeled A B C and D and it will kick in the transpoce effect and turn off the beatmasher on that deck like with the midi fighter. also i am going to have apage that has a lot of the midi fighter preinstalled effects idk IM GONNA GO CRAAAAAZZZZY

Tech Convert

What do you guys think about an [x1 + midi fighter ] vs [ x1 + midi fighter pro]?

^^ i love my s4/x1/MF setup

IG on the MF, a few tweaks to the s4 mapping (+using the jogs as big ass filters :P), Paddys C/D map on the X1, with a midi map for superknob fx/ c/d transport control at all times...

does everything i need and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

For limitless fun... S4 and Ipad. Just the Ipad itself can be anything you want and the S4... well I still havent figured out the loop recorder for my sets... that practically another instrument itself.

Or check out the incredibly ostentatious NI mothership for a lot of redundant stuff....
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Convert

Padi_04 just out of curiosity how do u use your x1?

A creative mind ....
    4gb Macbook, X2 Technics 1210 Mk2's, Behring UMX Mixer Kontrol X1, Uc 33-e, Prodipe 25-key Midi Keyboard, X2 Kool Sound Monitors, Audio 6

Traktor Scratch Pro, Ableton Live 8, Logic Pro 9

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast