!!New MAX ONE Garage Mix!!

Exclamation !!New MAX ONE Garage Mix!!

Throw your mind back to the mid 90s – those were the days right!? When Garage was Garage, etc, etc. Whenever there was a House vs Jungle debate (and I was in a few) the “Junglists” always seemed to say Garage was different and they we’re into it. Many a “Room 2″ at a Jungle rave was “The Garage Room”, so there was a blossoming relationship between the two musical styles.

Following on from my previous garage mixes, I wanted to explore this transitional moment of UK Garage (1996-98). For me, it felt like a return of the “old skool hardcore” vibe… slower tempo again but room shaking baselines. MJ Cole also had a big influence on the scene. He started out as a Drum and Bass engineer before working with Ramsey and Fen… but it was clear from the distinctiveness of his productions that he knew how to make music (classically trained don’t you know) and gave the scene some credibility as well as creating some bad riddems!! The first tune on my mix is his first solo release – a white label under the pseudonym Mat-Lock – raw MJ Cole flavour.

So check it out below… Rare Garage cuts for ya eardrums! Please click the Facebook like button and leave a little comment below if you’re feeling it x

NB. For authenticity this mix is done 100%vinyl with two turntables and a mixer

http://www.maxonemusic.com/2011/09/on-the-turn/
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Bump
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

gonna give it a listen.

good thing ya bumped it, might a missed this.

cheers
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe