Xone 42 vs Pioneer DJM700
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Xone 42 vs Pioneer DJM700

After moving from vinyl and serato to VCI SE (which I still love) I've decided I just love mixing on decks and so I'm gonna get TSP2 (audio 10) but I want a new mixer too.

My budget is around £700 and it would be a toss up between the Xone 42 vs Pioneer DJM700.

Just want to feel out general opinions / pros / cons

Cheers me dears
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Pioneer DJM700

More effects and the chance is that you'll see more of them if you ever play out (depending on your style and location too though). I think the 42 is a better mixer though.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Xone 42 in graphite

better looking, better build, better sound, great filters although no effects. Not that you'll care with traktor though.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Do you want FX, and something that looks and works alot like the (new) standard club mixer ? -> DJM 700

You dont really need the FX, you just want a good mixer, with good sound quality (not sayin the 700's bad) -> 42
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I think I would go with the 42.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Pioneer DJM700

More effects and the chance is that you'll see more of them if you ever play out (depending on your style and location too though). I think the 42 is a better mixer though.
    I don't play out as much as I used to but i found it was a 50/50 split between pioneers and allen and heaths in booths.

I do like the mixer FX on my DJM600 cause they are post fader...
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

me personally - i would go for the 42 and a kaoss pad.

xone 42 all the way... especially if u can utilize traktors effects... more headroom and better sound on the 42 imo

I've got 700 and all I can say is I really love it. I like having the echo, delay, flanger, phaser effects. The filter is no Xone filter but it definitely does the job. Additionally xone eqs are total kill. Pios are not really. But the layout quality and effects made me really love it for home mixing.

Tech Wizard

If you think you will make use of the filters in the style that you mix then defo go for the 42
    Traktor Pro 2 -/- Xone 92 -/- Audio 8 DJ -/- 2x Kontrol X1 -/- Maschine -/- Xone XD53 -/- KRK RP6

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast