Pioneer CDJs, USB file format

Default Pioneer CDJs, USB file format

I was going to make a couple of USB sticks for CDJ use just in case. Is it OK to use HFS+ for the file format or is it better to stick to (ack) FAT32? What about other CDJs, assume they only have FAT32... Anything else good to know about making USB stick archives for CDJ use? Thx.

I think just stick with fat32. Thats wat i do. Also make sure when you ad music make folders, or sets, or something. Where you only have about 100-200 tracks in them. Too many and it really bogs down.

OK, wish I could use HFS+ as it's far more robust as a file format but yes if older Pioneer gear does not understand HFS+. And yes, I restrict myself folders to max 50 songs to avoid performance issues. Thx.

Just be aware that you need to run Rekordbox (same with Denon software, dunno about others) on the stick for it to be usable.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Just be aware that you need to run Rekordbox (same with Denon software, dunno about others) on the stick for it to be usable.
    Oh, Ok, there was a reason after all why I downloaded RekordBox from Pioneer last week. Thx.

RekordBox powered by MixVibes!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    This depends. If you are using 400s you can't use rekord box, 350, 850, 900, and 2000 do.