Run before walking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Run before walking

Hi, Im new to Traktor Pro but ive gradually just built my new setup up and I've gone for Traktor Pro with the VCI 100 with the SE overlay and Ean's TSI,

Ive been dj'ing for about 5 years now using Megaseg program and CD's

Im gradually getting round Traktor Pro, but it is taking a bit of getting used to..

as the old saying goes, am I "trying to run before I walk?"
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    Hi, Im new to Traktor Pro but ive gradually just built my new setup up and I've gone for Traktor Pro with the VCI 100 with the SE overlay and Ean's TSI,

Ive been dj'ing for about 5 years now using Megaseg program and CD's

Im gradually getting round Traktor Pro, but it is taking a bit of getting used to..

as the old saying goes, am I "trying to run before I walk?"

hell no! sounds like you've been walking for 5 years! ya prolly should have started running ages ago. is that all you're asking?

chur cuz metal+dnb is the way to be!
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

haha cheers man, probably me just getting in a comfort zone, had a residency aswell for 4 years
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Hey Lecko sounds like you have been running a marthon for the last four years and you didnt even know it. Good stuff man, and welcome to DJ TT site.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Quote Originally Posted by Lecko View Post
    haha cheers man, probably me just getting in a comfort zone, had a residency aswell for 4 years
    nice, how does youre style incorporate both metal and dnb? thats where i eventually wanna go but ive just been playin dnb out predominantly

Quote Originally Posted by Kaon View Post
    nice, how does youre style incorporate both metal and dnb? thats where i eventually wanna go but ive just been playin dnb out predominantly
    Well with more drum n bass becoming live bands with the likes of pendulum making it popular, it's going down pretty well, chuck a couple of remixes in of rage against the machine and nine inch nails it seems to go down quite nicely

A Prodigy track is always a good transition track to use I find, especially the pendulum voodoo people remix

Also a couple of Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit reworks can work ("re-animation" album and the "new old songs" album)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You should check out the Glitch Mode recording label. Cyanotic does some great drum and bass mashed with metal, as does Acumen Nation, Mindflux Funeral, and a bunch of other industrial artists I've been bashing my head against lately. Much more on the metal side than the drum and bass, but some of it is fucking amazing.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    You should check out the Glitch Mode recording label. Cyanotic does some great drum and bass mashed with metal, as does Acumen Nation, Mindflux Funeral, and a bunch of other industrial artists I've been bashing my head against lately. Much more on the metal side than the drum and bass, but some of it is fucking amazing.
    the metal side is where i wanna end up so id be keen to get some names, but i cant really download em yet, cos i dont have the internet at home. so dont bother right now heh, unless you know of any of these bands touring and are gonna come to nz? (its a long-shot lolz)

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Most of these bands are trying, TRYING to plan European dates, but it's rare that they make it out that way
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Most of these bands are trying, TRYING to plan European dates, but it's rare that they make it out that way
    yea ill bet. theyd go off huge here, half the popuolation are metellers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast