New to controllers....beat-matching on a Numark NS6 advice needed
    Tech Convert

Default New to controllers....beat-matching on a Numark NS6 advice needed

Hi new member here so please be gentle...

I'm looking at moving into the controller area of djing (I started on vinyl and now use cdjs) and the new Numark NS6 looks ideal but.......i'm after some advice on how these are to mix on in a normal fashion as you would with cdjs etc.

I use traktor pro 2 currently on my laptop with an external mixer but no controller - so its not great but i can see the potential.

I mix mostly trance and house and have been djing for over 15years so looking to upgrade my kit and furture proof myself a bit.

My concern is that the new breed of controllers and software are not as good for regular beat matching than say a cdj?

Any advice welcome as if I can get comfortable that I can beat match normally using the jog wheel to tweak the mix like you would on a cdj then i'll jump both feet into this now as the potential to get really creative whilst keeping the skills I have is great.

Also not totally sold on Traktor (prob due to not having a controller for it) and never used Itch so open to either.

As I said at the top the Nurmark NS6 seems to tick all the boxes so any experiences welcome especially on the normal beatmatyching using the jog wheel as most reviews and posts seem to overlook this or very briefly mention it.

Thanks in advance.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Yes, you will be able to beatmatch normally with this controller, since you get Itch with it, i suggest using it since everything is already mapped and functional.

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Yes, you will be able to beatmatch normally with this controller, since you get Itch with it, i suggest using it since everything is already mapped and functional.
    +1. The NS6 is awesome and I'm loving ITCH right now.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

excellent - any experience on how it compares to a cdj?

Very similar, but you'll have the help of parallel waveforms etc in ITCH if you want them. Think of it as very similar to using 2 CDJs with a mixer and Serato Scratch Live.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

just seen the Reloop Digital Jockey 3 controller that looks quite good too and is a good price.

Anyone got any views on this vs. the Numark?