Making the switch to tracktor

Default Making the switch to tracktor

Well I have been thinking about switching to tracktor 3 for a while now and I finally made up my mind.

I love controllerism thats the reason I bought ableton and my x-session pro and trigger finger. But the reason I got into dj' was the turntabalist. The first time I saw SCRATCH when I was like 15 or 16 it blew my mind away.

So I guess I am saying I want best of both worlds. I had already decided to get the Behringer DDM-4000 and a small midi keyboard since my trigger finger broke to use with tracktor when I got it. But what I want to know does tracktor scratch support midi?

Can I still do controllerism with tracktor scratch? Can I have my 2 turntables and my midi keyboard for an explosive set up for myself?

from the skratchworx review of Traktor Scratch (http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/traktorscratch.php) :

"To me though, MIDI use in Traktor Scratch isn't going to be the same as Traktor - it's going to be rather more of a shortcut use than controlling the whole package by say a Vestax VCI-100. Something like M-Audio's Trigger Finger would be great to trigger Cue points or control effects."

scratch doesn't seem as robust in the midi control department as Traktor 3, but then T3 doesn't have Timecode ability...

you should be fine with just the keyboard if you want to control cue points/looping in Traktor Scratch.

I have both T3 & Traktor Scratch, and T3 does have timecode ability. I actually used Traktor Scratch within T3. There's a few settings you have to change to make it work, primarily output routing.

The only thing you can't control via MIDI is some of the play/scratch and basic mixer functions. In other words, the functions that the timecode vinyl and your external mixer is already setup to control, so you really not missing out on much if you just stick with Traktor Scratch.

I didn't upgrade to T3 for anymore midi controls. I upgraded because there are some spots I DJ at where there isn't enough physical room for my 1200's, but just enough room for my VCI-100.

Quote Originally Posted by spectwon View Post
    I have both T3 & Traktor Scratch, and T3 does have timecode ability

when Scratch is installed along side. T3 by itself can not utilize timecode.

True, but my point is that dude can have every bit the midi control with the timecoded vinyl control with the combo. It's only $100 to upgrade from Traktor Scratch to T3. So I would suggest to dude that he should get Traktor Scratch, and if he realizes that he doesn't have all the controls he wants, upgrade.

yea cause i see that tracktor 3 allows time code so thats what i most likely will do. Cause I still want to do midi and also have my decks when I want to ya dig.