Syncing Traktor and Ableton. - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

I have synched up two Traktor v2 computers up.
    Can you elaborate? You connected two "Traktor Studio 2"? Using two computers?

Can you tell us what steps you took if you got TWO Traktor Pro's connected?
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cheft View Post
    Can you elaborate? You connected two "Traktor Studio 2"? Using two computers?

Can you tell us what steps you took if you got TWO Traktor Pro's connected?
    Elaboration:

I was using Traktor Dj Studio 2 linking the OSC through my midi connection.
    Within the OSC setup there is an option to Set up and Broadcast the OSC Midi clock over your Ethernet net work. Set one of your computers to be the Sync Master.

Then your slave computer you will go into OSC Setup and set your slave system to Recieve external sync by applying the Master ip address.

this is much the similar way you would setup Abelton with an iPhone/iTouch for external control.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by jasonj View Post
    Elaboration:

I was using Traktor Dj Studio 2 linking the OSC through my midi connection.
    Within the OSC setup there is an option to Set up and Broadcast the OSC Midi clock over your Ethernet net work. Set one of your computers to be the Sync Master.

Then your slave computer you will go into OSC Setup and set your slave system to Recieve external sync by applying the Master ip address.

this is much the similar way you would setup Abelton with an iPhone/iTouch for external control.
    Theres no such thing as an OSC midi clock - theres an OSC clock or a Midi clock, but not a OSC Midi clock - its rather one or the other.

OSC clock syncing is much more powerful than a midi sync - however Traktor Pro doesnt seem to support OSC syncing at all at this point in time.

Also Ableton doesnt support OSC - however with a bit of vst trickery it is possible to get an OSC clock out of Ableton. But because Ableton wont respond to to any kind of OSC handshake with this method its not possible to use this clock to sync any version of Traktor(let alone pro which doesnt osc sync at all).

Tech Wizard

Default Traktor & Ableton setup for 2 PCs...?

Hey guys,

Well, sorry if this is already being discussed, I tried to search for a while, didn't find anything exactly like this, so I'd give it a shot.

Basically, me and a friend of mine are a Duo DJs.

I'm using an Xponent & Traktor to DJ with, he is using Ableton together with an Akai mpd24 & UC-33e.

Now, here's the thing : we need to sync both computers for live performance, since we've been asked to play at some gigs.

We tried syncing them with a MIDI cable, running from the Xponent's output to the Akai's input. It does "sync", but it's not the sync you get when you layer tracks in ableton, if you understand what I mean Smile

So, basically, we are looking for a more efficient and better way to sync them. Basically, via Ethernet, with a crossover cable, but I really have no clue of how to do this.

I looked at the tutorial posted here, but sadly enough it was for MACs only, and we are using 2 PCs.

And concerning the Smartmixing tutorial... it's just for 1 PC, so, we're clueless.

So, here I am, waiting for the more experienced to speak huge thanks in advance!

Midi sync is doesnt cut the mustard i agree - a user here has said that they have had better luck using a hardware midi clock for sycning but in the end its still a midi clock.

Traktor Pro doesnt send of receive any sort of clock except for a midi clock - so basicly your out of luck. You will find syncing both of your master tempos on both computers to the same tempo and nudging Ableton into time with Traktor will yeild the best results.

Until Traktor recieves an OSC clock without any kind of OSC handshake taking place we are fresh out of luck. Its possible to get an OSC clock with no handshake out of Ableton with some vst trickery, but traktor doesnt support an OSC clock, let alone one without a handshake - so were out of luck.

Edit: oh yeah Traktor pro doesnt recieve a midi clock yet either, so using Trpo and a external midi clock wont work.

Edit2: oh... and welcome to the djtt community !
    Last edited by BentoSan; 02-01-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Tech Guru

i'd love to see a djtechtools article that goes into this concept with a bit more depth.

Besides the article on smart-mixing I haven't had much luck on finding information about using Traktor in conjunction with Ableton.

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    Besides the article on smart-mixing I haven't had much luck on finding information about using Traktor in conjunction with Ableton.
    Thats not a bad idea, but it would just be a big explination of why it doesnt work and whats needed by software manufacteres to get it working

But it would give me the opportunity to post about the workaround methods i have come up with - they arnt exactly 100% ideal but a sync is better than no sync.

How does richie hawtin use 2 macbooks with traktor and ableton in his sets?

Theres you's go, i just merged the 7 different threads people have made into a single thread to make this information easier to find.

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the info!

there's however something I don't get. How could that thing be possible with two MACs (just saw Chris Liebing doing it as well in a video-set). He uses 2 macs, ableton & traktor 3 and they seemed to be perfectly in sync, as he was not only using FX but launching loops.

Why then wouldn't such a thing be possible when working on PCs ? It's basically the same algorythm, isn't it ?

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast