Syncing Traktor and Ableton. - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Converting an OSC clock into midi will cause the same problems.

Those people who have midi clock working with them still run into phasing problems because the sync doesnt allways stay phase correct. Then when they change the tempo of the master clock Ableton will run out of time to Ableton for a while until the sync catches up again.

And yes syncing these two programs is really like drawing blood from a stone - your best off to manually sync the two as i described earlier it gets rid of all sorts of issues and isnt very hard at all to keep in time. Until Max MSP comes along and allows support for OSC in Ableton and Traktor Pro decided to implement OSC your stuck with the method i described being the best availible.

Tech Convert

Rubbish, thanks for the help anyway...you really know your stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by saltbread View Post
    Rubbish
    I agree totally, its pretty amazing with all this technology that we cant do something like this really pretty simple. Not to mention the fact that we are talking about the top programs live performance and djing applications in the market to date.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Well first of all Midi sync sucks the big one and i wouldnt recommend using it as i have said several times in this thread.
    Maybe would be good to go back and mention it in your setup described at
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/04/0...-with-ableton/

Here is my experience with MIDI syncing using
    Ableton 7.0.3 and Traktor 1.1.1:

Ableton clock does increase and decrease when tempo changes in Traktor but the values are total rubbish. Syncing from the same external clock (MidiOx in my case) almost worked but Traktor moves aroudn wildly +/- 5bpm.
    Last edited by SQGL; 04-01-2009 at 05:01 AM.

I plan to write an article on this - ill link from that article to the syncing article i will write when i get that finished. Pretty much it will just be a more detailed explination of what i have already talked about thoughout this thread.

Oh and if you sync the deck to the master tempo the pitch should change on the deck by itself when the master tempo changes... atleast thats what its supposed to do...

I plan to write an article on this - ill link from that article to the syncing article i will write when i get that finished.
    Are you saying it works for you with Ableton7 and T111? Like I said, it works very poorly for me. Unsusable but surely I must have done everything right for it to work at all?

Oh and if you sync the deck to the master tempo the pitch should change on the deck by itself when the master tempo changes... atleast thats what its supposed to do...
    Not much use if Traktor is interpretting the Tempo poorly. Like I said +/- 5pm. Wobbling wildly.

Quote Originally Posted by SQGL View Post
    Are you saying it works for you with Ableton7 and T111? Like I said, it works very poorly for me. Unsusable but surely I must have done everything right for it to work at all?
    No it doesnt work, i was going to explain the workaround that i am using to keep the programs time that i have explained earlier in this thread while also explaining why the midi clock isnt a very good choice which i have also explained here.

You are a scholar and a gentleman mate!

i have explained earlier in this thread
    You did once say "read the entire thread" but as this is post #129 you can excuse me for missing it It is probably also why you decided to collate your knowledge yet again. Look forward to it.

In the meantime: can you think of a keyword for the workaround so that I can search for that earlier post please?

ah man... This thread is just 13 pages long.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Thats why i was going to make a blog post out of it so i dont have to keep repeating myself