Syncing Traktor and Ableton. - Page 4
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

True that!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

How did this project turn out? And did anyone manage to sync 2 Traktors?

How about syncing 3 Traktors?

Tech Wizard

Default 2 computers + 2 copies of traktor

my friend and i dj together regularly both using traktor and i know that you can use the midi clock send to do that (at the moment we just manually beatmatch but we want to get a bit more creative with loops and stuff). i found an article that explained how to send midi over LAN (i'm using a mac so i think it has inbuilt midi over LAN support) for ableton but i wanted to know if anyone's tried chaining 2 copies of traktor just using a firewire cable?

Syncing via midi clock is really unreliable you get a better sync just actualy manually beatmatching the two.

Tech Mentor

BentoSan will that also create problems with latency? Is that another negative.
    Thank Ya!!!

The latency would be the same because there is no audio piping taking place.

Tech Wizard

so when magda/ritchie etc use the multiple laptops at the m-nus events they're not running them all synched? i guess if you're playing minimal then you don't have to worry too much about beat drift anyway....

I cant speak for them but i can say i am yet to see any hard evidence of someone using a midi clock and it actually working without any human intervention to keep things on time - this especially applies when tempo changes are made.

Quote Originally Posted by tech tool View Post
    so when magda/ritchie etc use the multiple laptops at the m-nus events they're not running them all synched? i guess if you're playing minimal then you don't have to worry too much about beat drift anyway....
    They are def synced as he talks about it in his video and also leibing and speedy j use the same syncing techniques ... i think its over a lan connection.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast