Syncing Traktor and Ableton. - Page 5
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

They might be using an OSC sync which is a *much* nicer sync than a midi clock sync - sadly it looks like OSC syncing has been pulled from Traktor Pro completely. Also Ableton can only send an OSC clock(only with some tricks) and not recieve one.

I have spent hours to get midi sync working as its supposed too and it just doesnt work - tempo changes arnt tracked by the synced program fast enough to keep up with the changes of tempo so the two programs go out of phase\sync with one another. Basicly it always requires human interaction to keep the two in phase with one another.

My latest project was to try to get an OSC clock out of Ableton(yes it is possible) and get Traktor to sync with it, but then i discovered that Traktor Pro doesnt OSC sync - DOH !

Tech Wizard

yea i'm still wondering how is this possible too.

Tech Guru

too bad traktor pro sucks. i'd love to be able to sync multiple traktor laptops...

repeating what i said in another thread-

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    I am working really hard on this but i keep running into brickwalls- best method i have found is to manually sync.

If you want to do tempo changes then set Abletons tempo range as traktors on a midi knob, put Trakors clock in manuual mode - now when you make changes to the tempo they will be the same in both programs.

This does a pretty good job of keeping things in time

Well, what I have read, Richie Hawtin does it all with the Apple native MIDIoverEthernet.

Supposed to work like a charm.
    I'll add a pro on the macbook pro list for that.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Guru

Default Is vinyl going to die this year?

This Namm there was not one new turntable at the show I heard.
    Only digital controllers, cd, so on..
    So, is dj vinyl on it's final way out?
    Seems most vinyl dj's (purests) are on Serato or Traktor

..so is this year going to be the end?

Tech Wizard

I guess the vinyl market is saturated with good products, but the digital dj market isn't, and a lot of ppl keep looking for that one utopian controller.

I think this year I've seen a ratio of about 50/50 vinyl vs digital gigs. So my guess is it isnt just finished yet...

Furthermore I'm under the impression that the average quality of dj sets has raised over the last few years. And I tend to associate it with the uprise of digital djing. The bar has been raised and its not easy for the vinyl djs to keep up, only the best can compete imho.

The turntable market is dead - lets face it they have the technology pretty much as good as its going to get anyway so if anyone brings out something new its usually just rehashing the same old equipment and therefor wont pick up alot of sales.

The future for the turntable market is in midi turntables like the Stanton SCS 1D and the Numark NS7.

While the turntable market is dead, the Vinyl market is completely dead yet - infact there has a been a slight pick up of record sales recently.

Id personally say Vinyl is dieing and over the years to come we will just be putting more nails in the coffin - its going to take many more years for Vinyl to be officially dead though.

vinyl ain't goin anywhere, being digital makes me want to get vinyl. isn't it awesome to hold i peice of noise
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

Tech Wizard

Indeed, ppl are mostly emotional beings, much less rational ones.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast