Syncing Traktor and Ableton. - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Default sync two laptops

ok. so supposedly it's possible to sync 2 laptops running traktor using midi time clock. also, i've heard it's possible to synch one computer with traktor and the other with ableton. i've done everything i know how, and i've searched the web for hours. does anyone out there have a clue about this? I am interfacing a uc-33 w an edirol um 2. If any one has a clear idea about this, please let me know.!!!!!!!

hey i havent tried it but i found this program
    dunno how it will go but looks ok

http://www.nerds.de/en/ipmidi.html

Default not quite, but thanks

i've seen this, and it's definitely a cool thing. but my issue is more with the actual setting in traktor. how to set the midi clock to send a master tempo to another computer. it has something to with "OSC".... can anyone shed some light on that?

Tech Wizard

bentosan seemed to think that the midi clock data traktor generates isn't reliable enough for it to be worth syncing in this way.....better off just beatmatching it manually apparently

Default 2 laptops

that's the impression i get. and it's not all that hard to keep them in sync by hand with a little nudging. the issue is that i REALLY want to figure out how to send the clock to computer 2 running ableton. supposedly richie hawtin runs 4 computers, 2 with traktor and 2 with ableton. the technology is there. someone must know.

im in the same boat as you homesick. i understand the theory of it but not the actual workings. at richie's kontact shows he has multiple computers running traktor (minus guys) all in sync. it must be possible. but then again it is richie hawtin lol

If I am correct, it is all done through the Apple OSX native ipMIDI.

But I am still hoping to get some more insides on this one.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

lucky i use a mac

the thing i dont get is how does it slave to it. do you just click slave or....?

Tech Mentor

vinyl will die in 5 years. Just saying...
    Thank Ya!!!

A day could well come when there is not enough room in the DJ booth for the turntable guy's set up!.. Lets hope he/she has some mighty/sturdy stands for that kit

I think vinyl will be around for quite some time, but gradually it will become a novelty medium. Overall, i don't think Joe Public could care less...
    Save money on binoculars - Simply move closer to the object you intend to view!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast