Syncing Traktor and Ableton. - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by tech tool View Post
    bentosan seemed to think that the midi clock data traktor generates isn't reliable enough for it to be worth syncing in this way.....better off just beatmatching it manually apparently
    I am still of that opinion

Recently found out deadmau agrees with me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v2kJwxobXo

Watch 1 min 55 seconds in.

I stopt spinning with vinyl about a year ago now, I bought a vci100, a soundcard and T3. I really enjoy the possibilities that the digital era brings us and I'm never going to look back and say maybe I could do this gig with all my vinylrecords... BUT I never where able to sell my tt's and mixer, they are still standing at the same place I've put them 6years ago when I just bought them and every single piece of vinyl I ever bought is still in my recordboxes. Sometimes when I'm spinning at home with all my digital equipment, I look at those tt's and say to myself: "aight, lets go 'oldskool' " and I tell you I enjoy every single moment I spin with my vinyl, from the moment I start searching a track in one of the recordboxes to the moment I all put them back where they belong
    I'm not saying I would restart playing gigs with vinyl, but I learned everything with vinyl, I'm proud I can beatmatch manually and it's just that little piece of nostalgic I'm never going to be able to sell...

peace
    Let the beat control your body...

I've always seen Hawtin live with two laptops. One with Traktor 3 and the other with Ableton (which he uses mostly just for FX but I've seen a VSTi drum machine on it too).

On NI's forum, the development team has admitted that the MIDI clock in Traktor Pro is still not working correctly. It's frustrating as there is a whole section in the manual on this, but it just doesn't work yet.

The only way I've seen two Traktor Pro's "syncd" is manually. Set both to Manual Tempo. Grab a loop in both, and nudge till you match. If you can't beatmatch two Traktors that have same BPM, don't bother trying this.

As far as Ableton, I must refer to Bentosan's wisdom. I am fooling with 7, but I am waitng for Ableton 8 to really learn it's workflows.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cheft View Post
    On NI's forum, the development team has admitted that the MIDI clock in Traktor Pro is still not working correctly. It's frustrating as there is a whole section in the manual on this, but it just doesn't work yet.
    heh... no wonder i couldnt get it to work, that was sending me insane - Traktor wont sync to an external midi clock despite them making a fuss about how it does >_<

And here i was going crazy thinking i was doing something wrong.

Okay, next one that says vinyl is dead, or will be dead.... Is gonna......

Have to look at the d&b is dead thread.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

I've sucessfully synced two laptops with various programs. I can tell you how to send a midi clock from a laptop running Traktor Pro, and sync it with another laptop running Ableton, Serato, or another instance of Traktor Pro. However I never bothered with this in Traktor 3, the whole midi clock functionality was changed/upgraded pretty dramatically it seems.

Well please, share your wisdom! I know many people want to sync two Traktor Pro's using the MIDI clock.
    AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile 2.0GHz, 4GB Ram, BCD-3000, WinXP(Pro)-SP2, Traktor Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cheft View Post
    Well please, share your wisdom! I know many people want to sync two Traktor Pro's using the MIDI clock.
    I'm with him.

Please share.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

After asking my buddy on this, I may have mis-spoke. Apparently we didn't get two Traktor Pro's synced, but we have gotten Serato, Ableton and Reason syncing to TP's MIDI clock SEND on two laptops (Firebox MIDI out to a USB adapter). Apparently the MIDI clock RECEIVE in TP is what's still bugged.

Bummer, I would love to see 2 DJs and 8 decks in action.

I have synched up two Traktor v2 computers up. However it was not what i wanted to do as it not only synched my timing, but knob movments as well
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast