Shiny - my new logo! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I also do some logos and typography on Photoshop and Illustrator. Hit me up if you want to see some examples!

That's a nice logo Jezalenko-
    15" MBP - NI Audio 2 - Hercules DJ Control MP3 e2 - Panasonic RP-DJ300

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    My normal rate is 50 Euros an hour. That logo took me about 5 minutes. Making logos can take minutes or a couple of hours. Depends on what the customer wants. A logo with images for instance takes longer than just a text logo. It also depends on what you want the logo for. Logos for print use are usually a tad more work than one just for a web site. Usually the logo should be made for printing. Downgrading the resolution or reducing the size for web use is always possible later. Sometimes Logos also need to be changed some for web use. It all depends.

I also designed our S4 skin. That took about 3-4 hours, mainly because I had to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=66

Who ever is interested in some work, then lets go the other route and you PM me. Let me know what you're interested in and also if possible some examples of what you like.

A good place to look for fonts you might like for your own logo is here.

http://www.1001freefonts.com

Find a font you like, tell me the colors you like too and I can make a text logo fairly inexpensively.

Sorry to highjack this thread. If this is against the rules, which I haven't checked, do let me know and I'll stop "soliciting" here.

scamo
    No offence dude, but if you're still LEARNING to use Adobe Illustrator you shouldn't be asking 50euros an hour. That's absurd.

Lol, spot on Whyte.

I do design work, professionally for some big ass clients (nestle, kelloggs, beiersdorf)

I earn £10 an hour, if i was freelancing the absolute max i would charge is £20 an hour and i actually know the software i work with.

Finally Dafont.com is better and if you are pitching work don't do it under the name of 'scamo' lol
    Last edited by BenLathwell; 09-09-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Mine

For me:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Me and a friend:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Apoligies for the epic sizes (dam pride)

Quote Originally Posted by Whyte View Post
    No offence dude, but if you're still LEARNING to use Adobe Illustrator you shouldn't be asking 50euros an hour. That's absurd.
    No offence taken. I'd agree with you for the most part. I know too Adobe is the king of design software, but there are other tools out there that are less expensive (for a freelancer) in the big world of graphics design. And I do much more than just design work and that is my hourly rate, which I have had many a customer pay gladly.

@Ben - What does your company charge those big clients for your work? Probably a lot more than 50 Euros per hour in the end. Don't sell yourself short. Thanks for the web site tip.

I didn't intend to solicit actually and my nick "scamo" is a mixture of letters from my name.

Edit/ also, say if sarasin likes that logo. I'd offer it for a fraction of 50 Euros. (actually 15 minutes is my minimum) So it would cost 12.50 Euro. I don't think that is over priced, especially, if he is a happy customer for that price.

So, back on topic. Nice logo jezalenko.

scamo
    Last edited by scamo; 09-10-2011 at 01:54 AM.
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

i like!
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    @Ben - What does your company charge those big clients for your work? Probably a lot more than 50 Euros per hour in the end. Don't sell yourself short. Thanks for the web site tip.

I didn't intend to solicit actually and my nick "scamo" is a mixture of letters from my name.

Edit/ also, say if sarasin likes that logo. I'd offer it for a fraction of 50 Euros. (actually 15 minutes is my minimum) So it would cost 12.50 Euro. I don't think that is over priced, especially, if he is a happy customer for that price.

scamo
    The company i work for charge £1000 a day for me, that covers a lot more than just me though there are support depts to fund (I.T, Reception, project managers etc), as well as the obvious overheads.

I guess if you are getting in the smaller 15 minute type jobs as you describe Scamo, then 50 euros doesn't seem as mental, I know a guy that does exactly that and does well on it.

The stuff i do tends to take around 2 weeks per project, plus amends.

Apoligies if i came across a bit harsh before, was a rough day.

Also not sure if farhanashraf meant my logo in the OP's, either way thats cool.

Tech Mentor

@OP I like it - what type of music is it for?

And (not to threadjack...) does anyone here use different logos for different types of music? Like if you do both dubstep and hip-hop, do you use the same logo, or 2 for different audiences? (I know branding is important, but that can be by name, color, shape, etc, and you could use dif colors for dif music, or same colors and dif shape - i.e. mine would always be yellow and green, but might change it up depending on what I was doing)
    If you feel something is limiting your creativity, the real problem is that you feel that your creativity can be limited.

YouTube
    SoundCloud

I'm no expert on the DJ branding thing but in regards to logos and colors, i would mix it up.

For example yellow and green i would associate with either acid house or african moombahton stuff, hip hop i would either go for icy cold colors for mainstream or jamaican flag colors for more reggae based stuff.

House i would go for glows, bright but slightly washed out, ibiza beach colors.

If you want feel free to send me your logo and the different styles you mix, I can try some different styles out, only if you fancy it, no worries if not.

Either way, i would keep the same font, size, style etc and change color and texture. Mad Decent i find to be a great example of this.

Tech Mentor

I saw the purples and thought of deep house and maybe trance tbh

(btw, I do mainly dubstep, but my name going as it is, I think yellow and green are the most fitting scheme )
    If you feel something is limiting your creativity, the real problem is that you feel that your creativity can be limited.

YouTube
    SoundCloud

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast