last night my first real night in the club

Default last night my first real night in the club

last time i was in the club it was a try out to see if he liked me, last night was my first night actually as the dj, it went ok, i figured i had to do alot more promoting next thursday, and I still need alot more hip hop I kept running out, but peopole did like the house tracks I did play.

Technicel problems wow, first when I got there, ableton wouldn't recognize my sound card or midi controller, then i restarted, tried ableton again, it would recognize the midi controller and not the sound card, i restarted ableton again, now it recognized my sound card but not the midi controller. I was getting pissed. so I just cut ableton off, unplugged the midi and sound card and plugged it back in and started up ableton again and everything worked fine.

Even tho everyone told me I did great I still wish more people came, but this is a new club so I just got to get out there alot more and promote but the club owner was very satisfied with my night.
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM

Good luck man, I started out in a new club 4-5 years ago, took alot of promoting, but got there in the end and now a resident in one room 2-3 nights a week
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

good luck to you, man. It's hard fuckin work, but once we get it going it can be vastly more rewarding than anything else.

It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Hey X, its hard to promote your own event and dj at the same time. But its not impossible, and it very rewarding being that you cut out the promoter and you get a large cut.

If you need more hip hop or hip pop as I like to call it now, being that its play on "Pop/Top 40" radio PM and I can share my playlist so you can get an idea of what I play in a typical night.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

Jesc could I get that list also?

For a quick list of top Hip-Hop, you can always check the Promo Only series or playlists from any radio station's website. I have thousands of hip-hop cuts for ya. Good luck with your gig...it takes a few nights to establish a following.

What kind of hip hop do you want? Commercial, Roots (live drum), Roots (808), Gangsta, or DnB MCs? I have alot of west coast underground that I can float you as most of the stuff I have is promo or comes from my buddy's label. lemme know ya?

well pretty much dancing stuff, i stay away from soulja boy and gucci man, but i played alot of pitbull, ying yang twins, and uncle luke, everybody just wanted to get nasty and grind, so thats why i kinda ran out i had alot of top 40 like beyonce, kanye west and stuff.

but yea jesc if i could get that playlist off of ya that would be tight
    www.myspace.com/djxsquizet
    my arsenal:
    2x vestax pdx, numark dxm09, m-audio x session pro, and ableton live 6.

I spin hip hop/electro/top 40

my 10minmix video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqAgSmaG4zM