Where to Find Remix Kits?

Default Where to Find Remix Kits?

Hey all,

There used to be a really great wordpress blog "remixblog.wordpress.com" They would go out look for all the new remix kits big bands released (you'd see DM kits, and VNV kits, etc etc)

Well, they've shut the blog down...

It was great because I could just select the EBM or Synthpop or Industrial section find a great remix kit...

I Love picking them up for accapellas and sometimes the raw synth, to use in live remixing...

I've also got a friend who desperately needs some remix kits for her brain to work on music right now. Anyone got any hints on a great all in one source for remix kits?
    Monika.mhz - I do things. Also stuff.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!
    Articles: Streamline Your Laptop for Djs(Windows)

some of the time I get my stuff from remix contest...
    But i'm really interested in this. I you find a new remixblog.wordpress.com
    contact me
    macbook/2 Stanton STR.150 /Axiom 25/AKAI MPD 25/Vestax vci-100/Serato sl3/Ableton live 8 suite/ krk monitor/Ecler Nuo 2.0/Akai mpd24/midiFighter /Audio 4/2 Pioneer cdj 800mk2/

hehe, yeah, they'd collect links from all the remix contests and free kits people would put out. Also make their own from 5.1 CDs and stuff like that. It was golden.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Maybe we could all work on finding good sites like this then make a blog post about it - i think users would find this sort of information useful to be able to find capellas and samples that they can drop into their sets. Do you guys think this information useful for our readers ?

I personally think utilising the man power that we have to gather information for blog posts would make for useful and extremely high quality blog posts as opposed to just a single persons perspective on a topic. Also i think helping to increasing your guys sense of ownership over the site i think helps build an even stronger tightly knitted community and i know thats something that we all strive for.

Tech Guru

yes this would be very cool, I will be on the lookout for these sites now.

hah, I did some asking around and it turns out my friend devilboy who ran the remixblog got a buncha cease and desist letters from like universal music and such and had to shut it down.
    -------------------
    Read the F.A.Q!

Quote Originally Posted by RSDJMoniker View Post
    hah, I did some asking around and it turns out my friend devilboy who ran the remixblog got a buncha cease and desist letters from like universal music and such and had to shut it down.
    I wonder how http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/ does it, cuz they have alot of good stuff.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |