Newbie here

Thread: Newbie here

Tech Student

Default Newbie here

Hey Guys

My problem is that I can't figure out how to set my traktor PRO demo to work with my headphones.
    I got an Imac to which I connected my Numark Stealth, Also I've connected my Alesis io2 express to the computer.
    To the IO2 i've connected my alesis speakers and my headphones.
    When in the traktor preferences I chose the IO2 as the main output sound.
    And here the problem, I can't listen to song A in the monitors and song B in the headphones and then cue them.
    Any Idea on how to solve this? or if i'm doing something wrong?

Does the Alesis out put 4 channels or only 2? To have the ability to cue in your headphones you need 4. Most sound cards for production only have 2 outs. A left and right. DJ sound cards have at 2 sets of L and R channels. One set for main out and one set for monitor.

When you are selecting the outputs in preferences it will show just one set or 2 sets.

Ok I looked at the specs for your sound card, and you only have 2 output channels. To cue in headphones, you would need another sound card. Good inexpensive ones are the Numark DJ I/o and the Audio DJ 2 from Native instruments.

Tech Student

Thanks so Much for your answer but I figured out a way

Ok so I found the answer and I'm gonna Share here for other people future problems and troubleshooting

The problem was that I couldn't listen to a track on my headphones and to a different track on the monitors and cue them.
    In order to solve it I went to applications-utilities-Midi
    There I created an aggregated device (use the small + sign on the bottom to create a new "Aggregate Device") in this device I added my Alesis io 2 and my USB speakers (use the check boxes).
    Now I created and new device that has 2 in and 4 out.
    Configure your speakers so chose multichannel and make sure you check both streams
    Also in the drop down next to the multichannel option chose the Quadraohinic option, this will show you 4 speakers, 2 for the monitors and 2 for the IO.
    Done, Now go to traktor, chose in the audio setup the new aggregated soundcard and set up the differnet outputs.

Hope this will help somebody along the way
    Let's got spin some tracks YO!!!!

Cool, wasn't familiar with the USB audio stuff as I have only used DJ sound cards. Not sure if it would work for gigs because you would need 1/4 TRS or RCA outs, not USB. Maybe some one with a little more knowledge will chime in with some info.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djaief View Post
    Thanks so Much for your answer but I figured out a way

Ok so I found the answer and I'm gonna Share here for other people future problems and troubleshooting

The problem was that I couldn't listen to a track on my headphones and to a different track on the monitors and cue them.
    In order to solve it I went to applications-utilities-Midi
    There I created an aggregated device (use the small + sign on the bottom to create a new "Aggregate Device") in this device I added my Alesis io 2 and my USB speakers (use the check boxes).
    Now I created and new device that has 2 in and 4 out.
    Configure your speakers so chose multichannel and make sure you check both streams
    Also in the drop down next to the multichannel option chose the Quadraohinic option, this will show you 4 speakers, 2 for the monitors and 2 for the IO.
    Done, Now go to traktor, chose in the audio setup the new aggregated soundcard and set up the differnet outputs.

Hope this will help somebody along the way
    Let's got spin some tracks YO!!!!

Anyone know how to do this on PC???

Currently running into the same issue this guy was having, except im using a pc.

Download a program called ASIO4ALL. Does the same thing as aggregating 2 (or more) devices on a mac.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud