Needing a logo, Ep, Album designed?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Needing a logo, Ep, Album designed?

Is anyone out there needing any design work done?

I am currently studying Visual communication (Graphic Design) and I'm looking for some odd briefs to fill up my portfolio!

I don't mind doing the following for free;

Logos
    Ep/album covers
    Flyers
    Business cards

I'm not looking for any profit out of this just something to keep me busy and
    to potentially go in my portfolio..

So if you're needing anything done and wanting to save some money just p'm me!
    Macbook Pro 17" Traktor Pro (Noob) Graphic Design (Adobe Master Collection)

apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Generally DJ's and audio folk around these parts take extremely kindly to working with graphics artists and designers for pr stuff.

However, it might help to show up with some kind of show reel, portfolio, or at least a snippet of what you can do.

Seeing a guy advertising himself, without any reference, hardly leads one to think "Oh wow, this guy does graphical work, he's new, and I have absolutely no idea if he's good or not! I HAVE to hire this guy!"
    Coming from a more graphical than musical background myself, take my word that your customers will come a lot more easily if you have something to show off.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.

Tech Convert

Good point, as soon as I get my Behance profile sorted out with new work I will post a link!

Although, say I have just started studying "which I haven't" but lets say I have and I want to get some extra work outside of college.. is this a case of "I want to see experience but wait you can't get experience without work and I can't get work without experience!"
    \

Tech Convert

Thanks Onimode for the heads up!

I've been wanting some art done for a vinyl sticker... If I ever have a nice idea I'll give you a shout :P
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by safefire View Post
    Generally DJ's and audio folk around these parts take extremely kindly to working with graphics artists and designers for pr stuff.

However, it might help to show up with some kind of show reel, portfolio, or at least a snippet of what you can do.

Seeing a guy advertising himself, without any reference, hardly leads one to think "Oh wow, this guy does graphical work, he's new, and I have absolutely no idea if he's good or not! I HAVE to hire this guy!"
    Coming from a more graphical than musical background myself, take my word that your customers will come a lot more easily if you have something to show off.

Exactly! I had to lol when I read the post.. We used to have kids show up at mtv wanting to do onair freelance work without a demo reel to show. Nothing wrong with being hungry... spilling your blood and ideas is part of learning your trade.. doing things for free or quadruple overtime and not getting paid for it is part of the game. Once you have enough scars to make you thick skinned.. you can earn alot of money doing this.

Tech Mentor

we should just make a thread for designers where we coud post up some of our work, services,contact info and maybe prices ... idk just an idea been seeing alot of people who also do design work around here would be nice to have all this info organized

Quote Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    we should just make a thread for designers where we coud post up some of our work, services,contact info and maybe prices ... idk just an idea been seeing alot of people who also do design work around here would be nice to have all this info organized
    Good idea.

Something similar to the sub forum that they have on djforums.

I think it would be very popular and able to give a chance for designers to get some work and for Dj's to get some cool stuff done.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Convert

Yes do that, it could help both sides out, I can say after the responses I've had that it would be very popular!

I'm sorry for not posting a link to some work but I need to get it all up off my old computer after acquiring a new mac

I really need to get more organized haha..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast