Syncing Problem in TPro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Syncing Problem in TPro

hey guys

i just loaded up TP on my desktop for now to mess with it before upgrading my TS on my laptop.

for the life of me, i cannot get this sync thing down. even when my tracks are gridded (which i also hate - warping in ableton is much better), ill play one deck & the other deck either wont light up the sync button when pressed or itll half light up (diagonally across).

i cannot for the life of me get this thing to work & i know im doing something wrong.

can someone talk me thru this as im totally new to syncing in TP & ive read the manual with no help. & all the douchebags on the NI forums just reply with smartass, sarcastic comments like they always do.

thanks. any help is appreciated.

j

Not sure about your problem precisely, but my bet is go check out Traktor manual section called Beatgrids - with precisely set and BPMed beatgrids is syncing just a summer breeze.

it involves learning and understanding a lot, so be prepared
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I'd re-install Traktor. That "half-light" on the sync button has me concerned that it's more than your beat grids.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Jack Bastard

Nah mate, the half light on the sync button is part of the new master/slave setup for 1.1.1. Just have a read of the manual for an explanation.

Oh, I haven't upgraded to 1.1.1. Fair enough then, ignore what I said.

If that is supposed to happen then I would echo the above and check the grids to make sure the lines line up with the beats. If it's auto-gridding then I'd manually grid the tracks.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

manually gridding tracks is really essential (depends on what type of music you play - try the autogridding with drum&bass tracks and you'll see why it's important to manually grid them )...

also be sure that you have you master clock in auto mode - then hit play on the first track and make sure the master button lights up, then hit sync on the track you want to bring in and finally hit play on that track.

this should get you where you want - if sync is half lit then this means that this track is the master track right now, but if you hit stop then the other track gets the master track and the half lit sync means that the track will then get synced to the other one...

huh, i think i explained that one a little bit confusing...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

this is completely brutal to me. ive got it on auto mode. sometimes i throw in a track & the other track wont even sync. no mater what i do, the light will not go onto sync.

sometimes it goes half...sometimes it works right. but there seems to be no rationality to it...it literally seems to be random.

things like this make me wonder why i even bothered with TP to be honest. i really wanna use it but why is it this damn complicated to mix in sync? ableton does it in 2 seconds.

Tech Mentor

hmm I would re install it. You shouldn't be having problems with all your tracks.
    Thank Ya!!!

so there is no way to have it always have the non-playing decks sync all the time? am i understanding this right? u have to hit something on a midi controller or hit sync with the mouse everytime?

you mean you want to keep it sync'd even as you're scrolling through tracks in the deck, right?

So deck A is always master, and every time you load a new song in Deck B you want it to stay sync'd?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast