X1 + mixer + road case

Default X1 + mixer + road case

Anyone keep their X1 in a coffin or road case next to their mixer? I have a DJM 909 and I'm debating on whether to get separate road cases for everything (turntables, mixer & X1), or just get an all in one coffin. Either way, I don't know if I've seen any X1's in a coffin or case...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I was thinking about building one for my mixer and two X1 setup.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

If you're going to put two turntables and all your other stuff in a coffin, you should consider staying in one spot or hiring a buddy every time you want to move it anywhere. I have separate cases for everything. Coffins are way too bulky and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by J5k View Post
    If you're going to put two turntables and all your other stuff in a coffin, you should consider staying in one spot or hiring a buddy every time you want to move it anywhere. I have separate cases for everything. Coffins are way too bulky and heavy.
    I hear ya on that. I don't think I would have been able to fit a coffin in my old car. But when I play out with my own gear I usually have people with me to help with speakers and other stuff.

Hmm...guess I could keep an X1 in my laptop bag for now. I'll look into making a custom one though. Actually, that would be a good project for some of the shop students at the high school. Perks of knowing the shop teacher lol

How about the X1 bag built by NI ?
    Allen&Heath Xone:22 - NI Kontrol X1 - Novation Launchpad - Akai LPD8 - Traktor Audio 2 DJ - Pioneer HDJ-1000/Klipsch S4i in-ear headphones - Traktor Pro 2 - Macbook Pro 13" 2011 (Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM)
    Soundcloud
    Facebook Fan Page

+1 on getting individual cases. Coffins are way too heavy if you need to move things yourself.

Something you may want to consider is getting a bigger coffin for your mixer that would be able to fit both it and the X1 though.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter