New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D - Page 5
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

I hear you on that Tyfurious.

Unfortunately that parameter is programmed into it as part of the flashing process. So we would have to recompile the code with your new name string every time you click update - this is just not practical.

I do want to have a solution for people who use more than one of the same type of midi fighter, in the mean time if this is really a big problem for you pm me and I can do a custom build for you

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    I hear you on that Tyfurious.

Unfortunately that parameter is programmed into it as part of the flashing process. So we would have to recompile the code with your new name string every time you click update - this is just not practical.

I do want to have a solution for people who use more than one of the same type of midi fighter, in the mean time if this is really a big problem for you pm me and I can do a custom build for you
    Any chance you could post instructions on where to change the code for those who don't mind getting their hands dirty? I tried this with the old Midi fighter code (on a classic midifighter) with no luck just by looking for the most obvious place to change the name. It sort of worked -- the name was clearly changed if I looked at it with something other than traktor (Audio Midi) but Traktor had no idea and still saw the same name.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Just tried the utility on my MF Pro (XX Fader) and it fails to update the firmware. Seems to be hanging up on Bootloader mode when I give it the four-finger salute. OS X 10.6.8; tried with two different computers. Below is the log:

Contacting DJTechTools...
    Downloading HEX file
    Download success
    Putting Midifighter into bootloader mode...
    Flashing the Midifighter...
    Failed to find a Midifighter in Bootloader mode.
    Cleaning up...

=-=-=-
    Never mind I was able to figure it out; something wrong with the USB cable. Worked fine before but it wouldn't work with the four-finger salute. Never got to bootloader mode and never got the staggered light display. Tried it with another cable and it worked fine. Is it possible the cable is too long for getting into bootloader mode? (It was the one that came with my XX Fader; long cable with the handy right angle bend on the connector).
    Last edited by djproben; 09-25-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Ugh ... spoke too soon (again). Update worked great except now everything is rotated by 90 degrees. I changed the button rotation in the screen that comes up to 90 degrees and clicked "send to midifighter" to no avail -- the buttons are the same, set up for the Cue Master but not the XX Fader. I tried 270 degrees as well; same result - the button rotation option seems to have no effect whatsoever on the midifighter.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey DJ Proben,

Did you not get my email?

We will have new firmware soon which enables the rotation option.

In the mean time PM me if you want the old XX firmware file.

I will try and put up a simple tutorial on what string needs to be changed in the code to build your own PID, its pretty easy...

Ahhhh I did get the email and didn't read it through; I'm looking at it now. Will PM for the old file for now; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hey DJ Proben,

Did you not get my email?

We will have new firmware soon which enables the rotation option.

In the mean time PM me if you want the old XX firmware file.

I will try and put up a simple tutorial on what string needs to be changed in the code to build your own PID, its pretty easy...

Did anyone ever figure out why the utility doesn't like to work on some Macs, even with 10.6.8? I've got xcode and all the other extra stuff installed, but none of that made a difference!

Tech Student

Default will not enter bootload mode.

midi fighter will not enter bootload mode. anyone know anything? i have a mac pro 10.6 trying to connect midi fighter to traktor and s4 set up........ anything will help lemme know!

Tech Convert

I have my midi fighter (cue master) connected but the updater doesn't recognise my midi fighter, says "No Midi fighter connected" connect a single midi fighter. Also recently havent been able to see my midi fighter on in-port section of controller manager tsp2.

yes checked usb cable

no joy

any ideas?

Exclamation "No MF Detected"

I have the same problem. MF is plugged in, but not detected. It was working last night though, went through the whole update process, but now nothing. No light on, but they light up when pushed. Read through this thread, can't find anything on this. OS X 10.6.8.

Thanks,

Aaron.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast