New Midi Fighter Utility 2.40 (updated 10/31/2013) READ ME IF YOU HAVE A 3D - Page 9
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by punkgecko View Post
    Still getting the same errors on both versions
    Sorry - my bad I corrupted the link after my initial download test last night - windows is now available, what version number are you using on OSX if you are still getting the failed to create chip definition? The version number is displayed on the window title bar.

Tech Student

Getting closer.. I was able to download the windows version but after installing I run it and get "The application was unable to start correctly" (Win7 64bit). It gives that error whether the MF is plugged in or not. Tried several uninstall/reinstalls but no luck. On the OSX side, that was my bad. I just noticed you list version 10.6 and up. Been meaning to upgrade so I ordered it today

Tech Convert

in my case it worked perfect!
    thx a lot!!!

"Once you update the firmware of your Midi Fighter you will now be able to switch between Once you update the firmware of your Midi Fighter you will now be able to switch between two "Software Modes", "Traktor" is the default and has no new functionality, "Ableton" removes end notes from the faders, and also adds CC's to the arcade buttons allowing instant on effect functionality.
    removes end notes from the faders, and also adds CC's to the arcade buttons allowing instant on effect functionality.

so where is the place to "switch between" on the utility I have nothing that says anything about switching modes or traktor or ablton, just one screen showing im up to date on firmware that I just updated and settings with a bunch of tech stuff I dont really care about. Im simply looking for what they say is "simple" in switching between modes.

nevermind a little clicking around and I see it now. duh

Tech Student

I have the MF Utility for updating my Classic on Win 7 -64 bit. I have tried the .PDF fix file to no avail, various settings within the utility, in device manager and the 4 button checkerboard, connected and unconnected in what seems every conceivable order/sequence. The MF MF Utility goes unchanged at "please connect a single midifighter" screen. I have uninstalled, reinstalled the utility - my classic lights up and goes into the checkerboard when I use the corners, firmware is up to date (according to the window). Unsure where to go from here...

Please advise, missing my MF MF.

Hi Jayk

Im confused, you say that it does not detect a midifighter, but that the utility also says the midi fighter firmware is up to date?

Tech Student

Sorry about that...the firmware is up to date according to the device manager. I believe that was one of the steps in the .PDF... I can't get the utility to give me anything...it doesn't specifically say "cannot detect" it just goes unchanged...

Quote Originally Posted by midifidler View Post
    Hi Jayk

Im confused, you say that it does not detect a midifighter, but that the utility also says the midi fighter firmware is up to date?
    Last edited by jayk042; 04-03-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: additional detail

Tech Student

When attempting to connect again, windows states the device has malfunctioned. When I click the details and go to update driver, it searches and states that it currently has the best driver...

The 2nd LED remains on and buttons are unresponsive unless I use the 4-button method...

hope this helps

Ok - You are getting a bit confused between the "Driver" which is what you OS uses to talk with the hardware and the 'firmware" which is the code which runs on the device itself.

What OS are you using?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast