My gig last night - need ideas
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Default My gig last night - need ideas

Hey people

So... long story short, last night I learned I can still manually beatmatch on CDs.

The long story is I showed up to a big gig, one of the first in front of more than my usual crew. I brought out the laptop, Audio8 and VCI-100. Simple set up I've been putting together.

Well, my VCI-100 stayed working for about 15 minutes at a time, if I was lucky to begin with. Kept unplugging and plugging back in. Traded out cables. When I started spinning I was getting tons of visual drop outs (Traktor's screen would freeze). Then about 20 minutes into my set it just froze up. I still had audio (thank god) but this just kept happening. I switched over to CDs.

My second set, I couldn't even get it to work for longer than 30 seconds.

I tried four different USB cables, and every open USB port on my computer. Do you think the USB port could be fucked? My hard drive and audio-interface worked like a charm.

Any ideas?

Also, are there any environmental issues that could cause this (ie: high bass frequencies, shaking rig, etc.)
    Last edited by DvlsAdvct; 02-28-2009 at 02:04 PM.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Oh no! Dude that sucks. One thing that may have happened is you accidentally hit the usb cord to hard and messed up the solder contacts for the the VCI and thus the cut outs. Only one way to figure that out though. Open it up and see if there are any physical damage that you can see. Then I hope you are good at soldering. This is the thing that kept happening to my conectiv. Not fun. Good luck dude.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

This happened to me on my Numark Total Control. what it boiled down to was, the USB port was busted on the pc so now i have a very specific port that my controller will work with and only that one. kinda lame ya

Dewd, very shitty on your USB, but cool runnings on your CD act bruuuuuu!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

See, it's working fine right now. No blips, no glitches. I tried multiple cables and multiple ports.

I think it was either the way I had it set up or the placement. *shrug* I dunno. If it was still giving me an issue now I'd have a different opinion.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I forgot to ask. Before your second set did you restart you comp? I know that sounds like an insult. But when I'm drunk I forget shit like that.

Dude, I restarted the machine so many times.

No worries on the q, I ask it all the time
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Well the fact that its working now is weird but good. It may have been a one time thing. But as you asked before, I do see people complaining about bass and their VCIs. So were you playing hardstyle? lol.

haha nah... the weird thing is as the night went on it just started working for less and less time, progressively. But, as I said, it's been working today. *shrug*

I didn't have a chance to get to the hardstyle cause it locked up first
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Thats a mega bummer, my guess would have been the port itself as well, but if you cant recreate it that rules out mechanical damage.

Do you use USB cables with ferrites?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast