Beyerdynamic DT 1350...anyone got em?

Default Beyerdynamic DT 1350...anyone got em?

Hailed as the HD-25 rival! Some have gone so far as to say this incoming (well, not really incoming but still relatively new!) underdog can prevail in the ring with the long standing champion HD-25! Blasphemy or not?! You decide!

All jokes aside, anybody actually own these $300 cans? The headphones are Beyerdynamic's direct shot at the HD-25. Same price range as the Pio HD-2000s. Most expensive bw the three!

Head-fi does a great review bw the HD-25 and DT1350:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aahpv...el_video_title

So the question is, anybody have some real insight on these cans? (Forum search brings up nothing :-P )

Beyerdynamic ain't underdogs, that make some serious headphones.

Still... That price...
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Yea def, I just meant underdogs in terms of my pseudo Worldwide Ultimate Headphones Championships fight in which the HD-25 seem to be the reigning heavyweight (or should I say LIGHTweight! :-P ) champs...as can be seen by the instantaneous reply and general consensus to the age-old question of "which headphones should I buy?" :-P

I used to have the HD-25 and I loved them but even after a long time of use, I still felt the clamping pressure that others have felt too. That was just my experience though!

Really looking into these cans, just wondering about the pressure. I'm interested mainly because of how small and portable they are. And obviously Beyer is one of the top notch audio companies. I really like the small cups and 90 degree rotation would make them amazing to keep around the neck. I've bought lots of headphones and I hate when the cups get in the way of my chin as I rotate my head side to side. This, of course, is all dependent on body weight and size and so not everyone will experience this!

Cheers!

Forgot to add this in my first post. Skratchworx did a review a few months ago: http://skratchworx.com/reviews/beyer_dt1350.php

Nothing but good things to say. Just wondering if anyone on the forum has picked these up and used them for a while.

Cable not replaceable and is straight? Lame man. I have this terrible habit of catching my cord on something. On the other hand that cable looks unbreakable...

Another item to add to the when-I-win-the-lottery shopping list I guess.

After extensive reading, it looks like my next set of cans will be the TMA-1s. Same idea as the HD-25 without the clamping pressure. Comments around the net are saying that the dt1350s might actually clamp even more than the HD-25s. Again, not everyone feels the squeeze with the HD-25s! This has just been a personal experience.

Headfonia.com has some great reviews and comparisons that have helped me decide between buying the DT1350, HD-25 (again), or TMA-1:

http://www.headfonia.com/beyerdynami...to-the-hd25-1/
    http://www.headfonia.com/aiaiai-tma-1/

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    Cable not replaceable and is straight? Lame man. I have this terrible habit of catching my cord on something. On the other hand that cable looks unbreakable...

Another item to add to the when-I-win-the-lottery shopping list I guess.
    The supplied one is straight, but the review states this:

"Now in the first draft of this review, I was all uppity and indignant about this apparent lack of user replaceable cable. But it turns out that this simply is not the case, and while the DT 1350s only come with a single straight cable, it is in fact user replaceable. And in the coming months a coiled version will be made available as well."

So you should be able to replace the cable yourself.

I was clearly too drunk and tired to read correctly.

As I am now!