New tshirt looking for feedback and wondering if anyone would like one.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default New tshirt looking for feedback and wondering if anyone would like one.

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in these if was to get some made. I was also wondering what you think, I made this design because I am just sick of people and there comments towards using a controller and Traktor. I figured this would be in response to those Serato and Traktor should be earned shirts. Well let me know what you think....

Not sure on price or anything yet just wanted to see how many people would be interested, but I would be happy even if djtechtools would want to pickup the design.

Pros- nice design
    Cons- A tiny tiny demographic will get it.. and probally only if your the dj standing there with other djs in line to do their set. Some will laugh.. but it singles you out as arrogant atleast to the djs. Its like voicing the obvious, and supporting the special dj olympics for other people who see the shirt in that moment your wearing it in a club.

Or some kids will walk up to you and say..... Yeah me too.. I sync my ipad all the time... where can I get that shirt.

My advice is to go with heat transfer to minimize costs, so you can do a limited run of 20 or so.. and only pay 20 cents + shirt to make em. Silk screen will run you up ALOT if you want that same design for a small limited amount. Normally its something like 25$ per screen just on the base price to get it professionally made... so a print company will charge 100$ for the screens and then x amount to have all 4 colors put through the Shirt wheel plus cost of shirt

Also the "I" looks too much like a 1
    Its eye catching for sure...
    just making some contructive criticism... I applaud you on the initiative

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the feedback.

Tech Mentor

Revised Design....

So do I - and I would wear that. I like.
    356 reasons why

Tech Mentor

Thanks, I will post when I get some shirts ran off.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't like the fact that you used an easy button. Even if you sync playing a good set is still not easy.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

That fact remains it is still easier to sync, beat matching is a skill that can be learned with practice but it is not end all be all of mixing. I do sync but I do know how to beat match as I have been mixing since 94'. When I started mixing you didn't play out until you could beat match unless you wanted to not play out again, because you just made someone listen to a hour of shoes in the dryer. Now with sync I could teach someone the ins and out of djing in a couple of weeks vs. years (which makes it easier). I do say sometimes it does take the fun out of djing not beat matching because there is no challenge. I do still beat match all my older tracks since they will not sync up unless you warp them in Ableton and I can beat match so why waste my time warping them. I think everyone should try to beat match even if just to say you can but, I do disagree with giving some a hard time because they can't beat match and that is why I made this shirt design.

The second font seems perfect to me but like photojojo said that button isn't ideal
    How much do you think it would cost?
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Like the concept of making a "sync t-shirt", but I agree with jojo on the button choice and the "so what?" isn't the best punch IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast