2 octave keyboard - midi octave messages?

Default 2 octave keyboard - midi octave messages?

Hey everyone,

I am writing up a tutorial, long story short i need to know the what are the default two octaves these 2 octave midi keyboards usually transmit out as i do not actually own one at this stage.

Alternatively you can copy and paste 2 midi messages here from a midi monitor like midi-OX. One for C on the first octave and another for C on the second octave, I can work it out from that information.

Thanks heaps in advance.

I assume its is Octave #3 and Octave #4, can someone please confirm this ?

Opening up Ableton and using the midi piano roll with record on would provide the information i require. Thanks guys !

Still no answer on this one.. Baaahhhh.... I'll try and ask my colleague tomorrow.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert

My keyboard (an Axiom 25) has two buttons for shifting octaves up and down, and I believe it's on octaves 4 and 5? It's totally arbitrary though, and I'm sure most two-octave keyboards have this feature.