Free Traktor 2 with X1?!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Free Traktor 2 with X1?!

Just getting into digital dj-ing and I have been playing around with the Traktor demo on my laptop for awhile but having to re-open it every half hour sucks. Ive read all the beginner threads and figured Id start small with an lpd8 and buying Traktor. My question is, with a free copy of Traktor included with the X1 till the end of September is there any reason to not buy it?? You are pretty much getting one or the other for free...

absolutely dude! perfect start up in my opinion!! buy it
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

If you are playing with the Demo of Traktor 2 you don't need to install the version that comes with the X1.
    All you need to do is enter the Registration Number into Service Centre when Traktor asks you to Activate it and that copy will become the full version of Traktor, no more half hour shut down.

Then just update to the latest version if needed.

If you have any issues with Service Centre the fix is to download the latest version from the NI website (even if the latest version is installed). This fixes the issue with S.C. constantly restarting but not actually working.

i think the X1+TP2 offer is awesome and i am tempted myself. only issue is that you can't resell the copy of TP2 that comes with it... not that you'd ever want to probably
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Yes you can sell it. Its not an Educational Version.

Only the Sample Deck Overlay voucher cannot be resold or used as a second hand product.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Yes you can sell it. Its not an Educational Version.

Only the Sample Deck Overlay voucher cannot be resold or used as a second hand product.
    ah cool... someone said on the forum the other day that you can't resell the tp2 license. the offer is even better then
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

You've made me very tempted by this... X1 & TSP2 for £160 is mental...

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/nati...tor_Kontrol_X1

& you guys are sure this comes with TSP 2 ?
    Last edited by Will M.D; 09-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.
    Macbook Pro 2011, Pioneer DJM 750mk2, 2xTechnics SL-1200mk2, Dicers, Ortofon Concorde Scratch,
    Yamaha HS50M & HS10W, Sennheiser Amperior w/Custom Cans wrapped cable.
    Torq 2.0.3, Traktor 2.81 Rekordbox 5.2
    http://www.thankphat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Will_D View Post
    You've made me very tempted by this... X1 & TSP2 for £160 is mental...

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/nati...tor_Kontrol_X1

& this comes with TSP 2 ?
    TP2 not TSP2... still really good tho... 160gbp is almost too good to pass up on... be even nicer if i could get it at the 229usd price tho - which is only about 145quid

Tech Wizard

So you can definitely sell the TP2 key that comes free with the X1 ? That really does make it worth the purchase.
    TSP2 | MBP 13" | Fostex PM-05mk2 | Livid Block | Kontrol X1 | Arduinome 64 | Midi-Fighter | CME UF60 | phenom 1090t 4ghz desktop |

Tech Convert

yeah it seems like its a good deal whether you need traktor 2 or not. I need it so its like getting the X1 for free. Ill probably pick it up next week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast