after the mix has been recorded
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default after the mix has been recorded

read the recent article on the options we can use to help make our mixs sound a little bit warmer... went over compression, limiting and various other vsts available...

what is ur guys's procedure with your mix after its been recorded? do you do anything to make it sound a little bitter? im not too happy with the way raw traktor recorded mixs have been sounding...

Tech Guru

Sounds like you are looking to remaster your mixes after completion?

Are you looking for solutions that cost money or free? I don't know a lot about the free options out there but if you want to spend a few bucks I cannot recommend T-Racks enough.

hmm ok thanks i will check it out... anything that can be done in ableton or logic?

Tech Guru

Oh I am sure you could do these things in either of those programs - just need to find similar plugins (included or not - I am not sure).

When it comes down to it T-Racks is just emulating a few pieces of equipment:

Compressor
    EQ
    Limiter

So really anything out there plugin wise should give you similar results - now how similar is going to come down to how well the plugin is written.

EDIT: check this out http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr0...cnotes0403.asp

Salmon is a bot Time to play tattle tale.....

^ Lol

Less is more imo. I make sure my gain structure is set so I have plenty of headroom. I record out of my mixer into netbook. I then give it a tiny bit compression in audacity. Trim the ends, boom, mix done.

PSP Vintagewarmer is nice for making the sound levels quite the same (limit/gain) plus adding a little bit warmth. But little is better than more. Mastering is very much about doing small adjustments.

The tunes you play have already been mixed and mastered.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Guru

I totally agree with ^^ on my final mixes I try to not do much EQing and such at all. But in my opinion a little bit of extra changes can go a long way.

EDIT: and not to mention every track is mastered differently so doing a little bit of mastering to the final mix can help even out the differences.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast