So I'm new to Traktor and I have some questions...
    Tech Student

Default So I'm new to Traktor and I have some questions...

Ok, so I am new to using software for dj'ing, I used to dj on turntables with vinyl and I think traktor may be program I stick with, though I'm exploring Ableton at the same time. *if you were at Love Parade SF 2004 I performed as Cybertron on the float with the Mayan temple* Anyways...I currently am exploring Traktor on my Macbook with the use of a Hercules RMX, Korg NanoKontrol and Akai LPK25...once I get my bearings, I plan on updating my gear. I've seen a few tutorials and such and have started venturing into mapping out my midi gear, RMX for basic 2 deck controller with gain knobs as filters, Nano Kontrol for fx, and LPK for hot cues...

I was wondering how Traktor saves settings. Do I have to export tsi files? If I save cue points for a song, does traktor recall those cue points when I load the song again? I know for Ableton, the program creates and saves a separate copy of the song after you warp it? Does Traktor do the same, or does it just recall the saved data to add to the song? I notice that my midi mappings automatically show up, though my Macbook seems to sometimes erase my aggrigate data. I run my output on a seperate audio interface, then use the rmx only for my headphone cues. I have both interfaces arranged as a 6i/o aggrigate.

I'm not completely stupid, but I don't personally know anybody that runs Traktor. Most people in my area use Serato, but are not very innovative with their DJ'ing. I want to be innovative and feel that Traktor is the way to go. I just need somebody to help "show me the ropes" so to say. I love this website and the videos of the madness people come up with using this software. I just want to understand it and learn how to make it work for me.

much respect,

Bombays

I highly recommend reading the manual cover to cover and buying and reading the Traktor Bible. There is a ton of info out there, and alot of the Traktor Pro 1 info is the same in TP2.

To back up your individual TSI files you can export them. To back up all TSI files and settings use the export button at the bottom of the controller manager.
    Not exactly sure about where the cues are saved, but I am fairly sure it is in the Traktor collection file. yes they should still be there everytime you load the song from your collection.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    I highly recommend reading the manual cover to cover and buying and reading the Traktor Bible. There is a ton of info out there, and alot of the Traktor Pro 1 info is the same in TP2.
    +1 The Traktor Bible is incredible!