The Essential DDJ Kit *Discussion Thread*
    Tech Mentor

Default The Essential DDJ Kit *Discussion Thread*

I'd like to discuss what people consider essential to gigging, assuming you're not going to a club that has half the stuff set up. Like for mobile, but don't think "wedding reception" think New Years Eve party, yeah?

(someone asked recently about getting started straight away, and I wasn't quite confident in my answer - share yours - what's the minimum you would ever gig with?)

1)Laptop (with software and tunes. duh. and the power cord.)
    2)PA (biggest you can afford, figure 250 watt minimum?) (+amp or powered...?)
    3)mini usb sound card (the $5 type) for monitor cue
    4)DJ "style" headphones $20 (if they at least look right anybody can pull it off)
    5)controller (I said Mixtrack, I don't think I'd go with anything cheaper like the ION discovery or the Hercules e2, but I'm no expert...)
    6)lights (2 wash 1 strobe 1 multicolor?)
    7)surge protectors and extension cords (2 strips and a 50ft cord?)

Didn't include the cables, figured that's implied.
    [EDIT]Forgot to mention duct tape and also I assumed he would only play inside, like at friends parties or host parties at his house... so I didn't say table, shade for the booth, or that stuff.[/EDIT]

What would you buy today if you had no gear and a gig tomorrow? :eek:
    Last edited by LmnLm3; 09-15-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    If you feel something is limiting your creativity, the real problem is that you feel that your creativity can be limited.

YouTube
    SoundCloud

I'm sure there's an old thread with exactly this that I'd dig out if I wasn't on my phone
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I searched a good few minutes and didn't see anything, that's why I posted this... Just chatting anyway
    If you feel something is limiting your creativity, the real problem is that you feel that your creativity can be limited.

YouTube
    SoundCloud