The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 51
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I think you've taken his response out of context, mate.

I don't think he was bragging about his income - just trying to demonstrate what his time is worth.

Personally, I too would rather spend the money on the unit than make one myself (and I do have the tools and the skills (but not the time!) to do it).

FWIW - I prefer the old Expedit to this unit. Expedit has compatible table-tops, so flipping TT's battle style is not a problem with Expedit builds.
    I don't think I've taken what he stated out of context. I never asked the dude how much he makes. I just felt that it was completely unnecessary for him to state his hourly wage. To be honest, I wouldn't have said a thing if he left that part out.

And your response in regards to why you'd purchase it over building it is a fine and reasonable, his response was arrogant. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    Mmmkay you actually bothered to snap a picture and post an image of your hand, lol.

And please, the whole 'you picked the wrong guy to yada yada, I'm an Internet gangsta' is old and serves no purpose. So calm your tits and go to ikea.
    Move along, fuck boy. You got owned. Cheers.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I think you've taken his response out of context, mate.

I don't think he was bragging about his income - just trying to demonstrate what his time is worth.

Personally, I too would rather spend the money on the unit than make one myself (and I do have the tools and the skills (but not the time!) to do it).

FWIW - I prefer the old Expedit to this unit. Expedit has compatible table-tops, so flipping TT's battle style is not a problem with Expedit builds.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Gibson View Post
    Move along, fuck boy. You got owned. Cheers.
    How did I get 'owned', please elaborate. You're assuming that I got 'owned' because you posted a picture of your hands? If anything, I pwned you pretty hard buddy. Someone says something on the Internet, you get fired up, and proceed to do ridiculous things to prove otherwise. YOU GOT PWNED, calm your tits, maybe next year mmmkay?

LOL, this guy, shopping at ikea for his sorry-ass rig. Thanks for the laugh.
    Last edited by Darken; 01-06-2016 at 07:06 PM.

stop the bickering..

I built my own...i got ridiculed also...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Darken and William. Stop fighting man. One: It's the internet. People say stupid shit all the time. Two: We are a community.

I priced out building it on my own. From Home Depot, you are looking at a material cost of around $90. My design has the shelfs interlocking for more stability and replaced the wooden backing with a plexiglass backing with is recessed to be lighted and use as a booth. Also depth has been increased to 18" to handle TT's in battle position. Thought about adding a recessed pocket for wiring.

Time is looking around 6-8 hours to construct. If I was to build for someone else, you are looking at a labor cost of 90-120.

So to have it custom built by us, you are looking at a minimum $180 without stain, seal, paint, or coating. The Ikea price is a pretty good deal.

Hope this ends the argument. Onto the next awesome photo of someone's custom job.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by the_bastet View Post
    Darken and William. Stop fighting man. One: It's the internet. People say stupid shit all the time. Two: We are a community.

I priced out building it on my own. From Home Depot, you are looking at a material cost of around $90. My design has the shelfs interlocking for more stability and replaced the wooden backing with a plexiglass backing with is recessed to be lighted and use as a booth. Also depth has been increased to 18" to handle TT's in battle position. Thought about adding a recessed pocket for wiring.

Time is looking around 6-8 hours to construct. If I was to build for someone else, you are looking at a labor cost of 90-120.

So to have it custom built by us, you are looking at a minimum $180 without stain, seal, paint, or coating. The Ikea price is a pretty good deal.

Hope this ends the argument. Onto the next awesome photo of someone's custom job.
    I agree and acknowledge the 2 aspects you mention.

Your design sounds pretty cool, do you have any pictures? Cheers

I will once i have the extra time to build it. Backed up with paid work at the moment.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

$45 dollar an hour ...paid work!

Damn....that little bitch fight was entertaining for a few mins.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

i make $87 an hour

i'll 1v1 anyone right now mates

I make $475 per hour and work 32 hours every day. I am able to make this happen thanks to my Tardis.