Behringer DDM-4000
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Heddofone Audiotronic

Default Behringer DDM-4000

Hello folks,

I'd like to know what you all think about the DDM-4000 mixer (i like the fact that i could use it with traktor)

I'm thinking about buying one to add to my vci-100 but i'm not sure whether it's a good idea...I read a lot of bad things about behringer in general but since i'm new to the digital djing world i'd like to have your advice.

http://www.behringer.com/DDM4000/index.cfm?lang=ENG

I am actually buying it. It seems like a really go mixer for the price. I read some reviews some people don't like but i do

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Why would you need it to add to your VCI? Do you want to mix externally? Are you going to get into more complicated MIDI parameters and use your crossfader on the VCI-100 for an effect?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Heddofone Audiotronic

Well yes, that's where i'm heading to (mixing externally and use the vci for other effects)....I still need a lot of practice though

<= also ordered one but is still waiting for it :/ Once I get some time to play with it, I'll post more. Yes, I've heard also bad things about Behringer but that's why you can send stuff back (here..)

I used to sound design for a theater in NorCal that used a Behringer 32 channel mixer as the FoH console (can't tell u specifically which one). My biggest complaint about them is the faders didn't retain the same tension as they originally had when I first got there. Also, there was an incident on a musical where 2 channels with the exact same wireless mics, same settings on the receivers and packs, were not putting out the same lvls when the gain was identical. We're talking one gain is at 12 oclock and another is at 2 oclock to get the same lvl. Not really a big deal, but you could see how this could get annoying. If this console was any kind of indication to the quality of Behringer products, I would steer clear until you get an extended hands on opportunity.

Hope this helps
    -Damien1138

well mat please give us a good review cause i would really like to know if behringer stepped there game up

Tech Mentor

From what I've read, Behringer products are hit or miss...some are solid, and others just aren't at all. But yeah in general most people seem not to like their stuff.

Then at the same time, you have Daft Punk using their gear for their live show haha.

EDIT: If were to use a VCI + External Mixer, I wouldn't go for something like this. The reason is, I'd want a simpler mixer as anything 'complex' would be done on the VCI. I mean, isn't that the whole point?

I'd want my mixer to have a great EQ, high-quality faders, etc., but nothing too fancy as that's where the VCI kicks in. Don't jump in too quickly and save your dollars!
    Last edited by miyuru; 06-07-2008 at 07:22 AM.

Heddofone Audiotronic

Miyuru, which mixer would you buy? (you've got a point there, when you say that maybe a complex mixer isn't necessary)

Didn't have much time to play with it the past days, so take the following with a grain of salt, it's just a first impression:

* Crossfader seems to be mediocre and not very tight, good enough for me though
    * Buttons feel *very* plastic :-)
    * Linefaders are okay
    * Crossfader-assign for the 4 channels: indicated by two LEDs (left/right), both are very close to each other *and* have the same color. Unless you have super-sharp eyes or very good lighting, this is useless (one orange, one blue would have been better)
    * The EQ-kill buttons can be assigned two different modes. The LED used for "single mode" (only kills one band low/mid/high) are BRIGHT. They hurt my eyes in a lower-light environment so I'll see what I can put over them.
    * I really don't know why they put the phones-jack in the middle of the right side of the mixer, what's so wrong with the front or bottom...

I haven't played with the Mic section and the FX yet, this will be next. I still believe in "you get what you pay for" so I don't expect this to last forever - only time will tell But considering the 24 month warranty here, that's currently "good enough". Also, even with the complaints above, I still think the mixer is worth its money. I agree with Miyuru that if you don't need or like e.g. FX in your mixer because you use Traktor's with a controller, you can also get something simpler. I personally got the mixer because of the versatile Mic section as I'm doing a lot of radio-style stuff, MIDI (somewhat redundant,yep), FX and admittedly, the price tag

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast