Specific question about the HDJ-2000s
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Specific question about the HDJ-2000s

Trying to keep it simple here. Need some quick clarifications on only 2 things:

1. Have been unable to find any videos/pictures of people wearing these around their neck. How comfortable are they around the neck? Looking to see if it's reasonable for these to be portable (wearing around while traveling, use everyday at school while studying)...or is it a stretch calling these portable headphones and only for use out of the bag/at a desk/booth etc. Basically, would you feel comf walking around with them? :-P

2. I've read about sound leakage. Could I wear these in the library? This is super important to me! Hoping to combine my DJ and study cans into one.

Let's say money is not an issue (thanks to my apartment's security deposit!) and that's why I'm heavily considering these. Read only great things about the sound and quality. I had the HD-25's but couldnt deal with the clamping pressure so I'm moving on.

Audio Technica's ATH-m50 (comfort + sound) is definitely on my list but the HDJ-2000 look more portable (if portable at all). I was seriously considering the Beyerdynamic dt1350s mainly bc of the size but their supra-aural clamping is very similar to HD-25s. I wish my head loved the senn's more :-(

Just looking for answer to those two questions. I've done extensive research on head-fi, inner fidelity, headfonia, this forum, skratchworx, and those 2 questions seem to be the only gripes.

Thanks forum family!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 09-16-2011 at 06:30 PM.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

1) very comfortable
    2) all cans leak at high volumes, you don't need to have them blasting to listen properly.

Sup Padi, thanks for the reply. Definitely need to make sure not to crank it loud. Just to clarify, I know the cans are comfortable while wearing, but was your response in regards to keeping them around the neck and walking around with them. haha, sorry to be so specific man. Just want to make sure everything is right with such a major investment. Appreciate it bro.

:-)

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I was answering around the neck

Word. Thanks. Would love to hear from other HDJ-2000 users as well :-)

the ath50's have MUCH better isolation than the HD25s in my opinion - i got both of them and actually prefer the isolation of the ath50's , the hd25s feel better and lighter and a bit more comfy to use
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

I love mine and wouldn't want any other headphones.

They never bother me even when I'm using them for hrs. I put them around my neck most of the time, and they don't hurt or irritate me at all.

Yes the sound does leak out a bit but only if you up the volume, which you wouldn't need to on a quiet place anyway.

2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Hey Zilch and Dustin, thanks a lot for the input. Zilch, yeah I don't know why but I'm in the minority of people whose heads cannot adjust well to the HD-25 and I had them for a while :-/ So if ATH-m50 isn't even as comfy as the HD-25, I'll probably pass. I know this is all subjective though, so what's comfy to one person may not be to the other. Hoping I can try a pair of 2000s on before buying them.

Dustin, thanks for sharing!

I'm definitely set on the 2000s and will be using them just for mixing/playing out. I actually won't need them for quiet/study times because I'll be using a USB headphone for those purposes (long story short, my headphone jack on my laptop is wobbly and leaks music with headphones plugged into it! This is absolutely a disaster as I never know if I'm leaking music or not when I'm plugged into the laptop. Getting this fixed is actually going to cost me tons of money. Simple fix is the Numark PHX USB headphones. I don't really care on the quality of these as I just need some headphones to plug into my laptop for casual work/school study. Since I can't plug into the normal headphone jack, I need to go USB. I know, another option is get a soundcard like Audio 2, etc, but that's unnecessary for my needs. Anyways, this is all besides the point!)

Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 09-17-2011 at 10:16 AM.

edit: did some more research about my laptop's headphone jack problem. looks like I'm going to buy the upcoming Fiio E10 USB DAC amp ($80) instead of the Numark PHX usb headphones. in terms of quality, it's like comparing apples and oranges haha :-P

So HDJ-2000 for mixing and Fiio E10 USB DAC amplifier for laptop daily use. According to head-fi, the new E10 is coming out in late September/October. Can't wait to finally own my first amp :-)
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 09-17-2011 at 12:46 PM.

1. Have been unable to find any videos/pictures of people wearing these around their neck. How comfortable are they around the neck? Looking to see if it's reasonable for these to be portable (wearing around while traveling, use everyday at school while studying)...or is it a stretch calling these portable headphones and only for use out of the bag/at a desk/booth etc. Basically, would you feel comf walking around with them? :-P

They're solid headphones and have a satisfying weight to them. Very comfortable to wear and firmly stays on without crushing your skull in a vice. I personally wouldn't walk around with it unless I had a nice big pocket to stick the excess cord into (funnily enough I do have a big pocket. :P ).

2. I've read about sound leakage. Could I wear these in the library? This is super important to me! Hoping to combine my DJ and study cans into one.

There's sound leakage. Can't run away from that part.

Overall, it's definitely worth the money. I'm a sucker for nice headphones (except the beats crap which I never bought into anyway) but when I saw the pricetag on the HDJ-2000s I just couldn't bring myself to buy a pair. Finally after passing by a guitar center I decided to get the last one they had in stock. I don't regret buying it at all and I'm glad I bought them. Great construction and sound, built to last. Worth every penny (it's also my first pair of Pioneer headphones. I'm not a Pioneer fanboy either so it's not just hype).
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast