SL1/SL2 or SL3?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SL1/SL2 or SL3?

Default SL1/SL2 or SL3?

Still haven't bought an audio interface as of yet. As money is tight at the moment, it's something that is going to have to wait a touch. But. It doesn't mean I'm not foaming at the mouth to get my hands on something.

For those of you whom have used both, is being able to record inside the software with SL3 worth having over the lower cost of the SL1 box?

That's the big ticket thing. As I'm not spinning out yet, and only learning, the audio quality isn't so much an issue as having something I can play with. Cost being what it is, a used SL3 is about the same price of an SL2 box new, and an SL1 is significantly less.

I don't plan on using more than two turntables, though I may get dicers in the future and play around with sample banks. Mucking about with The Bridge is something I'm quite interested in as well, though mostly to tie in little things I've produced.

I'm leaning toward the SL3 box, but is there really enough justification for me to have it over the SL1/SL2?
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

i would say to get a 2nd hand sl-1 to get your feet wet cause the price is cheap and the re-sale is way higher than NI gear.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Unless your shelling out the money for the PHAT 2 usb ports, go as cheap as possible...
    remember you dont usually play on your serato box when you play out, yours gets left at home,
    plus the nicer the box the more people want you to bring it with you! fuck that.

I'd say check the SL2.

Your production may benefit from the sound converters (SL-1 only stays within 16 bit, SL2 goes 24 bit), and from what a friend of mine checked, the response for the decks are tighter on the SL2 for scratching not by much, but it just "feels" tighter (not my words. . and enter pun here )
    Last edited by DjWindzOne; 10-04-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    It is an unknown fact that Mr. T is the original Black Power Ranger.

If you wanna record... get the SL3 plus opens up to 3 decks.. one could be midi jeje
    2xTECHS/DJM4/TF/SL3/MBPRO

Tech Wizard

I would say get SL1 second hand, it's a good product and durable, its well worth it if money is very tight

Quote Originally Posted by DjWindzOne View Post
    the response for the decks are tighter on the SL2 for scratching not by much, but it just "feels" tighter (not my words. . and enter pun here )
    With all due respect, that is utter BS. I own SL1, SL4 and Sixty Eight.
    I also use a friends SL3. Let me tell you, the response is exactly the same...

I've decided that I'm going to go with the SL3. Just working on saving some money to get there. It IS quite frustrating not having much vinyl and having my tables just sitting there, but I do suck at saving.

And it doesn't help that Boston/Providence has suddenly decided to have GOOD shows every fucking weekend. I love it, but it is NOT helping my budget with this.

With all due respect, that is utter BS. I own SL1, SL4 and Sixty Eight.
    I also use a friends SL3. Let me tell you, the response is exactly the same...
    Never said those were my words.
    I can understand what he means though. . .it really depends on what OS your using and the latency. . .

I've decided that I'm going to go with the SL3. Just working on saving some money to get there. It IS quite frustrating not having much vinyl and having my tables just sitting there, but I do suck at saving.
    Congrats on that man. . .I'm saving up on trying to get a 57. and just wait till you start using the functions during a set (Dj-FX, SP-6). . .controllers will be a life saver for you, and won't help on the whole "saving" aspect. Congrats again tho!
    It is an unknown fact that Mr. T is the original Black Power Ranger.

Actually, besides all of my careful research... I feel into a deal when a close friend just upgraded to an SL3 from his SL1. So ended up getting that off him Still quite happy with it, but now I need to figure out recording :P

And I'm already looking at controllers. Dicers and the Denon thing both looks not. We'll see though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast