how do I fix traktor 2 audio dropouts/latency?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default how do I fix traktor 2 audio dropouts/latency?

hi all

so I finally got win 7 installed, but i still get the odd crackle or dropout with traktor! My audio settings are running at 44100hz with 128m latency and 3m usb. My total latency is running below 10 and thats about the best I can get it to sound.. I also run the djtt script and switch off wifi and im running the asio4all drivers. Is there anything else im missing? any advice is appreciated

asio4all is not always a good solution, we still don't know your soundcard, neither your computer specs,

Sure enough, to get good result with audio streaming, you want to have a native ASIO soundcard, not a WDM using an ASIO plaster on the top of it.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Yes more info on your soundcard would be nice.

And you can also try bumping up your buffers to 256/512. Drop USB down to 1-2ms.

Tweaking those settings is where I would focus if I were you.

Tech Mentor

Try disabling Wi-Fi
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Wizard

sorry, running my s4's soundcard. Im also using a dell inspiron (not the best but meh)intel duo core 2.1 ghz and 3gb ram

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by ksimek View Post
    hi all

so I finally got win 7 installed, but i still get the odd crackle or dropout with traktor! My audio settings are running at 44100hz with 128m latency and 3m usb. My total latency is running below 10 and thats about the best I can get it to sound.. I also run the djtt script and switch off wifi and im running the asio4all drivers. Is there anything else im missing? any advice is appreciated
    Use Default Setting or Factory setting is the best way for you.
    because every things that you do...It's tell me that you don't know what are you doing.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by canon1nd View Post
    Use Default Setting or Factory setting is the best way for you.
    because every things that you do...It's tell me that you don't know what are you doing.
    this is true.. i had used the forum previously when i had vista and the majority of the advice got were to use these settings/drivers etc.. when I re-installed traktor the default settings werent the best. I will reset and try again though

definitely turn off wifi, antivirus and battery manager in devices. As well as turning off wifi disable your wireless adapter in devices.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

ive tried everything on that list.... updated every driver, switched them off.. updated windows... ran latencymon to find the cpu sucking drivers.. nothing adds up to over +1?? shall i just get a new computer? lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast